The Great Mysterio

Notes:
Can you believe...that there's only two more chapters to go? I'm so emotional?? UGH I'll save the sappy stuff for the last chapter :)

TODAY HOWEVER we have a freaking rollercoaster of a fight scene!! We're all here cheering Peter and the team on! As always, I hope you have fun and please stay safe ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

---

As Peter swings towards the largest Jumbotron, all the multiple forms of hologram Mysterios lunge at him and try to slow his advances. Flashes of mainly green, purple, and gold blur his vision as the holograms phase through him. The now flashing LED lights from all the screens and wailing police sirens don't do anything to help his already bombarded senses. However, he doesn't let the disorienting holograms keep him from swinging straight towards Mysterio.

Droney's view continues to show Mysterio's location, who seems to have noticed Peter coming straight towards him and is now on the move. When Peter focuses solely on getting to Mysterio no matter what, the swarming illusions are pushed to the back of his mind. With a swift tug from each arm he rockets himself, feet first, the rest of the way and breaks through one of the ninth story windows. When he looks up, Mysterio is running towards a stairwell door.

"Oh no you don't!" Peter shoots a Taser Web to electrify the metal door handle. "I wouldn't touch that unless you want Frankenstein's Monster's Wife's hairstyle," Peter cautions before shoots a Splitter Web, which jam both of gas-releasing nozzles on Mysterio's shoulders. Then, he rethinks his words. "Assuming you have hair underneath all that glass."

"You're persistent. How annoying," Mysterio complains, gas still flowing from his boots.

"Perseverance is practically a superhero requirement. Just like good banter," Peter shrugs nonchalantly. He spots the familiar liquid dripping from Mysterio's shoulders, but it doesn't do anything to the new webbing.

"What?!" Mysterio demands as he looks to his still blocked nozzles.

"Hey, the new formula works like a charm! Sweet!" They didn't have much time to test it in the workshop, so Peter counts it as a win. Mysterio still chuckles deeply.

"I like an opponent who adapts to a challenge. See if you can keep up, Spider-Man!" Suddenly Mysterio is sprinting towards Peter at full speed accompanied by a powerful, metal coated fist.

"Use his strength against him," MJ reminds. Ned probably hacked into the surveillance to keep an eye on the fight. Peter minutely moves out of Mysterio's path just in time for the fist to fly past his face and imbed itself into the drywall with a puff of dust.

"Thanks, MJ," Peter replies as he shoots a web to Mysterio's head and yanks on it to slam his plexiglass helmet into the concrete as well. With Mysterio momentarily distracted, Peter takes his chance to web the other pair of nozzles in the villain's boots. It isn't a second later that Mysterio frees his gauntlet from the drywall and goes right into his next attacks. Peter applies his training, redirecting the punches and trusting his Spidey sense when to duck or jump out of the way of an oncoming kick. Then, a voice cuts into the action.

"Your aunt is calling," Karen notifies as May's contact picture shows up on Peter's HUD.

"Decline call!" Peter instantly says as he ducks.

"I don't think that's a very good idea, Peter," Karen warns. It's true, but Peter can only handle so much.

"I can't talk to everyone at once! Last thing I need is an overprotective aunt worrying in my ear!" he tries to reason while blocking a blow and taking a few jabs to Mysterio's ribs.

"She most likely won't stop calling unless she's provided with a response," Karen counters right back.

"Then, uh, text her that I'm a bit busy with Spidey stuff and I'll call her back!" his voice cracks as he bends backwards to avoid a sudden laser. "Woah, forgot about those." Since he's closer to the floor, he takes it as an advantage to spin his leg around and sweep Mysterio's feet out from underneath him. Peter is about to celebrate, but Mysterio poofs into a cloud of smoke when he hits the ground. "Karen, infrared." Peter's vision lights up with blues, greens, and yellows, but no red Mysterio heat signature. Cheap trick.