1.15

"I-I was poisoned?" Bai Mengxiang said, shock within his gentle eyes. His voice shook a but as Xu Yongheng grasped onto his hand.

"Yes, you've been asleep for two months now. I've been trying my best to find the culprit, but the traces I have all come to a dead end." Xu Yongheng said, his pair of eyes looked at Bai Mengxiang with deep love, his hand grasping tightly onto Bai Mengxiang's, afraid that he would disappear before his eyes.

Just then, Bai Mengxiang shook, his eyes widen as he looked at Xu Yongheng and said in a hurried tone, "Our child, is our child alright?"

As Bai Mengxiang asked that question, Xu Yongheng could see the fear in his eyes, and his heart clench. What should he say to answer this question? Xu Yongheng didn't want to say those words, he didn't even want to think about him dying.

With a fake smile on his face, Xu Yongheng replied, "Nothing is wrong. When it's time for you to give birth, there will just be more people to help you as your body has been weakened from the effects of the poison. Don't worry, nothing will happen." Those words, it was as if Xu Yongheng was trying to reassure himself instead of Bai Mengxiang.

Bai Mengxiang calmed down as soon as he heard those words. The tension on his body going away as he looked at his belly, a joyful smile on his face. "That's great then. I was so scared that our child would be harmed. Yongheng, thank you so much for everything. If you weren't by my side, I don't what would've happen to me."

"I should be the one to say those words. Even when I had left you, you were still willing to welcome me back with open arms. What I have done to you was something I will never be able to fix, yet, you still love me the same as you always have. I don't deserve you or this child." Xu Yongheng couldn't stand to hear such words from Bai Mengxiang. Xu Yongheng had no reasons why he should be thanked after the cruel things he had done to Bai Mengxiang.

Although Xu Yongheng knew that ahead of them laid a rocky road, he only wished for Bai Mengxiang to be with him forever. It was a selfish wish for him, greedy of him to want something like this, but the fact that he could lose Bai Mengxiang was something that truly scared him. Even so, just for a little bit longer, he wanted to see Bai Mengxiang smile, Xu Yongheng wanted to hold his hands and tell him how much he loved him.

"Mengxiang, I love you, I really do."

In a different room, the sound of shattering glass could be heard, echoing as an angry voice was heard.

"You said that that man would definitely die, that he and his child would definitely be gone from this world! How come he is now awake, alive and well and most of all, his child is still living?! Didn't you say that that poison was strong, if so, then why isn't he dead? Why is His Majesty still with him?" Yu Zhuang threw another porcelain vase onto the ground, and it shattered upon impact. The maids that served him immediately cowered, shrinking their necks as they saw his anger.

Yu Zhuang was livid, anger filling him as he said those words. That man should've died, he should be dead. Xu Yongheng should be his, and that other man and his child shouldn't even exist. He had planned everything so carefully and yet, that man was still living.

Shilian stood off to the side, his eyes glinting but he was also angry. Bai Mengxiang, that man, Shilian truly hated. In his past life, Bai Mengsiang had lived a life in glory, a life filled with happiness whilst Shilian was given none of that. Now, given a second chance, how come that man still had everything? Shilian knew that he had definitely won Xu Yongheng's heart at one point, but for some reason, that man had slipped out of his grasp just like that and returned to Bai Mengxiang's side just like before. Bai Mengxiang, in the past life, he was given a life filled with happiness and love and even in this life, everything remained unchanged.