62 ❀ The apple doesn't fall far

Ezra POV

Ezra POV

My ears are ringing from the words he says. I swallow the lump in my throat. Could he be saying what I think he's saying? Am I hallucinating?

Tea? Who is Tea? Could the Red Alpha possibly have a past with this stuck up Councilman?

Everything rushes through my head like a swarm of bees and I can't think straight.

The conversation continues around me, but my eyes stay glued on the Councilman's mouth as it moves, but no words come out. All I can hear is static, like a radio picking up a channel that's too far away.

When I look at my fellow leaders of the pack, I'm not surprised that they're all staring at me. They know my fear, know my questions. They've heard about what she really said to me that day.

And each of them knows how important it is to me to find the truth.

I'm not sure how long I stay sitting there while they wrap up the conversation, but it's long enough to where I watch Ryk and Savannah make their way out together, Veiler is close behind them but glances at me with a nod.

My Alpha knows I need this.

When Cole stands, trying to leave, his whole demeanor is more reserved and quiet now. I waste no time as I burst out of the chair and rush at him. Before he can say a word I have him against the wall, pinning him harshly with my hands fisted in his shirt. I know my eyes must be pitch black now.

"You know her? How do you know her?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. His moustache rises with his eyebrows, a glint of hidden information shining in his eyes.

"Yes, I suspect it's someone I know. I haven't seen her in almost a hundred years. What's it to you anyway, Blackmore?" He spits at me, and I growl. He doesn't know, doesn't know what I know, Veiler hasn't told him.

Maybe I can use that to my advantage.

"Who is she to you?" I press, hoping to grasp some answers through the fog. Everything in me screams that he's important in all this, and I need to trust my instincts.

"I don't need to tell you." He replies reluctantly. I take a deep breath and release it. The bastard.

"Why would she want to get revenge on you? What did you do to her exactly?" Cole goes quiet, staring at me blankly as if he hadn't my question. I lift him and slam him back against the wall. The wood paneling groans in protest.

"Why would you think I did anything in particular? She's an insane girl, she snapped. There may be no reason to it. And as for revenge, it could be on anyone." The Councilman says calmly, seeming almost at peace as if nothing can bother him.

I can change that.

"Because you're a son of a bitch and I wouldn't be surprised if you did something. Plus you look like you're about to shit yourself. I know you know more about this than you let on, and it will catch up with you, Cole." I snarl, trying to get ahold of my thoughts that scatter in my brain. Too many emotions cloud my judgement. I need to focus.