Chapter 39 - Galvanize

Scott and I are just getting to the school when Stiles' contact picture pops up on my phone. Turning so Scott can see, he snorts and shakes his head as we get out of the car and I answer the phone in my best just woken up voice "mmeello?"

"Wake the fuck up and get your asses down here now– we have a job to do and I can't believe the two of you are asleep!" Stiles rushes out as Scott and I walk to the door and head inside the school.

I pretend to yawn as I mumble through my words "Job doing what now?"

Scott chuckles quietly before Stiles continues "For christ sake Addy, did you hit your head? We literally talked before you left school about meeting tonight"

"Oh right, right– but I'm already in bed and besides, aren't we getting a little old for this?" I answer as we make our way through the hall towards the locker room

"We are not, and we do this for Coach" he scoffs and feigns hurt even over the phone as I elaborate "I thought we do this to Coach?"

"Whatever, okay? You know he needs this– he lives for this stuff– he fucking loves it" love is a strong word for how Coach feels about this

"But it's the middle of the night" I sigh out as Scott holds open the door. He puts his finger against his mouth and nods into the room, silently agreeing to scare the shit out of him.

"12:15 actually– which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it also happens to be Coach's birthday. So if the two of you are not down here in five seconds, our friendship is over. Okay? And I mean literally five, four, three, two–"

"One!" Scott and I exclaim as we jump towards his back earning the best scream as he falls reaction ever from Stiles.

Scott and I share a chuckle and a high five as Stiles grumbles from the floor "Fucking twins– I hate you both."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

"Oh hell, come on–" Stiles rushes out and leads me over towards the twins who get off their bikes and walk up to Scott just as he questions "You're back in school?"

"No, just to talk" Ethan states as we walk up you can talk without your fists, interesting

I make a noise once we come to a stop next to Scott, crossing my arms "Oh, that's kind of a change of pace for you guys isn't it?"

Stiles nods in between us as he finishes my train of thought, looking from me to the twins "Right? Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing..."

Ignoring us, Aiden looks to Scott "You need a pack– we need an Alpha."

"Yeah, absolutely not," I quip with Stiles crossing his arms to elaborate "That's hilarious though."

Aiden again ignores us and keeps his words directed to Scott "You came to us for help and we helped."

Stiles scoffs "You beat his face into a bloody pulp. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter productive"

Scott looks at us and back to the twins "Why would I say yes?"

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no" Aiden finishes confidently.

Stiles rolls his eyes and Isaac walks up next to me, crossing his arms as well "I can think of one. Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd" one of the better reasons to flip them the bird