Extra: Lei Feng

It had been three months since their arrival at Lei Feng, former Northern Chu.

They left Da Xia two weeks after the small belated wedding banquet and travelled for over a month with the Huoyang troops.

Although the military group was technically part of Da Xia's army, they lived in Lei Feng for more than a decade. Most of them found their wives there or let their families migrate after the war was over eight years ago and Feng wang started capturing Northern Chu with a myriad of tactics ranging from soft to violent.

Emperor Du Liang roughly knew this. He was also keenly aware that even if he integrated Huoyang back to Da Xia's armies, the chain of command would only be diffused. There was a big chance that these soldiers wouldn't unleash their full potential if the newly appointed leader was also unfit.

Hence, he didn't insist on keeping Huoyang and just bestowed it to the new country, Lei Feng, to show Da Xia's support and stance.

Since the establishment of Lei Feng and the coronation of its new king and queen, Yin Hua Lei was surprised to learn that Xia Lian Bei was deeply respected in this lands.

After he led Da Xia to win against Northern Chu eight years ago, he and his troops stayed to handle the aftereffects of the war while the other military officers of the time and their army went back to Da Xia.

The devastated lands were rebuilt, soldiers were given proper burial, even the existing royal family retained their reign even if it was in name only.

By Xia Lian Bei's meticulous planning, the economy also took slow steps towards advancement.

Northern Chu recovered from its dire strait under the general-prince's hands.

He wasn't a stranger to the people too as they feared his ways of handling things but also admired his contribution to Northern Chu.

Yin Hua Lei finally understood why he didn't have any violent reactions when the Emperor made him King of Lei Feng.

It turned out, the unreliable-looking wang shu already had future plans for Lei Feng the moment he captured it.

Even during their journey to this place, she witnessed his vivacity whenever he discussed the laws he wanted to enact, the reforms he thought of pursuing, and how he didn't want their Lei Feng (his words, not hers) not to end up as rigid as Da Xia.

He took it seriously whenever Yin Hua Lei brings up something he missed or adding what she thought would be greatly beneficial.

They collaborated with open minds and willingness as they decided to stray from the centuries long tradition of ruling a kingdom.

That was how Lei Feng, from the very beginning had an equal King and Queen who were also fondly called by the people as the White and Black Phoenixes.

Xia Lian Bei was adamant on not being a mighty and lofty dragon, sitting on top of the world. He was a phoenix through and through, fathering a nation underneath his wings while flying side by side with the mother of his children (even if it was only Tiandi right now) and country.

Thus, Lei Feng's court consisted of hand-picked and thoroughly screened individuals who discussed matters of the state with the monarchs.

The new nation adopted the existing major six Ministries of Civil Appointments, Revenue, Rites, War, Justice and Public Works.

But new ones were formed such as the Ministries of Education, Health, Agriculture and Trades.

The court was held in a way that only the head ministers would convene with the King and Queen once a week. While each day, two ministry heads would have respective personal meetings with the monarchs.