𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

HE CAN'T HAVE ME !

☀︎

BILLY HARGROVE HAD SAT IN HIS CAR, ENGINE REVVING AS HE HAD WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT TO ARRIVE. The group that had once hid behind the car had made it out to the Starcourt Mall parking lot, this time with an ignition cable in hand. Standing in front of the car, Nancy had her gun raised, emptying it of bullets, each one aimed for Billy. To protect her family, she needed to do this.

Nothing had slowed him down.

When the bullets had stopped coming his way, he had pressed his foot down onto the gas peddle. The car wouldn't start and he had the greatest chance at taking them down. They weren't the biggest of threats, but they had always protected El and they would continue to do so. The Mind Flayer didn't realize this at the time, but those readying to leave the mall did not have the girl he was so determined to kill.

Billy's car had raced forward with no means of coming to a stop. This would be it for the group, taking them all out in one go. And if they hadn't died from the crash, he would handle it on his own.

His sights had been so set on Nancy Wheeler and all those in the car that Billy Hargrove had failed to see Steve Harrington. Racing forward in the Toddfather, Robin had his side, he had held his foot down, his face turned away as he cursed in fear. Colliding into Billy's car, he had sent both of their cars spinning, leaving Nancy and the rest of the group out of harm's way. Flames had flickered in Billy's car, knocking him out for the time being.

With panted breaths, Robin and Steve looked at one another with wide eyes. "You okay?" he asked her.

She swallowed hard as she looked out to the wreckage in front of them. "Ask me tomorrow?"

Above them, the Mind Flayer had crawled its way back out into the summer night. Towering above them, he had raised his head, shrieking into the open world. He was outraged, bested once again by a group of people that wouldn't have been brought together if it weren't for the Upside Down and the horrors that lurked within it.

Standing up, Steve and Robin had watched as the monster emerged. Mouth hung open, Robin had felt her heart coming to a complete stop. She never doubted Alex Henderson but to see the horrors she spoke of coming to life, she couldn't help but watch in bewilderment. "Holy shit," she whispered in disbelief. "That's what Henderson used to see?"

"Yeah," he said in a single breath. "Not really Hallucinating Henderson anymore, huh?"

"Not really," she said quietly.

Pulling up behind the Toddfather, Jonathan had honked the horn, Nancy's head sticking out the window as she called for the two to join them. Leaving them behind was a death sentence and after all, they saved their lives when they needed them the most.