A Shocked Mind

You leant back in the chair, sighing.

Good going (Y/n). You should've listened to yourself earlier. You scolded as you strained your eyes to see anything in the room. There was nothing, it was just dark.

How'd they get Nadia? Where is she? 

You were worried that the princes were going to do something to her despite them saying the wouldn't. Your hands pulled against the restraints before going back to hanging limply. How long were they really going to keep you there?

You sighed again and your stomach growled.

I guess that's what I get for eating a small dinner and no breakfast. You thought bitterly.

You sat there for about an hour before you started getting restless. There was nothing to do and nothing to look at. You really were tempted to find a way out of your restraints, but the thought of Nadia kept you from doing so.

I wish Micah would come to get me. You thought before shaking your head. If Micah came, you would ask him to get Nadia out of the castle, not help you.

Another hour passed and you started fidgeting in your seat. Your stomach growled more, and you silently hoped that they did would you food.

Another hour. You really couldn't handle sitting still for so long and you kept seeing things move out of the corner of your eye.

Another. There was definitely something in the room with you. You always tried to catch sight of it, but it disappeared when you turned your head. Your agitation grew with your lack of hunger and lack of seeing what was keeping you company.

2 hours. You'd had enough.

"Connor! Aiden!" You yelled, waiting for them to come from some dark corner. They didn't and you furrowed your brow. Something shifted in the far corner of the room. You squinted your eyes, catching a glimpse of a tall thin figure.

"C-Connor? A-Aiden?" You called out, quieter this time. You continued staring at the figure, almost swearing it was coming towards you.

"Micah?" You asked, trying to get the person to reveal their identity. Silence.

"Alex? Nadia?" You started squirming again, watching the figure slowly approach.

"Answer me!" You yelled as it drew closer. You squinted and saw sharp teeth. They seemed to be dripping something. That was no one you knew.

"Wait! Stay back!" You screamed as you pulled against the restraints. "Stop!" It didn't listen and slowly came towards you as if waiting for the right moment to pounce on you.

"Stop! Stay back!" You cried, ducking your head down. Suddenly there were hands on your shoulders.

You jumped and screamed, "Please! Don't kill me! I don't want to die!"

"(Y/n). Shhh, it's okay!" A voice said, but you could barely hear it.

"I don't want to die!" You repeated hysterically, tears gathering in your eyes.

"What did she see?" Someone murmured as they shook you. "Hey! (Y/n)! Look at us!"

You slowly felt the restraints on your wrists fall off and you dug your nails into the hands on your arms.

"Ow!" Someone hissed, "What was that for!?" The hands disappeared.

You slowly looked up, your eyes wild.

"(Y/n). It's okay. We're here. Calm down, it was all in your mind." Another person soothed and a face slowly came back into focus. Aiden.

"It was going to kill me..." You whispered, your eyes wide.