1

Author's Note: I just wanted to leave this here just to warn everyone that after this chapter the book doesn't follow the Half-Blood Prince movie word for word any longer. There is only the one scene in this chapter the rest is AU/my original story. I hope you guys enjoy!

July 31st, 1996

I had been in the shower for what felt like an hour, steam billowing around me. I stood directly under the hot water letting it pour down over my body. These were the only moments that I had let myself cry since I got here at Spinner's End. Over the last few weeks though, the tears stopped and the hollowness I felt replaced them. My eyes closed as the water slid down my body, I reminded myself of the task I was expected to accomplish. My mind kept drawing up blank on what to do. I had to get in Draco Malfoy's good graces that was for sure. Draco Malfoy who never lets anyone in, the boy that has been mean to almost everyone since the dawn of time, he was the boy I had to bring to the 'good side'. This was not going to be easy. Not one bit.

Suddenly the water stopped leaving me cold. I wrapped my thin arms around myself and peered out the shower curtain to see if anyone was in the room. There was no one, much to my happiness. I would have had a fit if Snape was watching me shower. I turned the handle in question wondering why it stopped to no avail. Someone had used magic to shut off my water. I heard my bedroom door slam shut with a nasty meow from Moon followed by a Silencio. That was when I heard the door downstairs open.

"Severus," a muffled feminine voice called as the door closed. I quietly got out of the cast iron tub and wrapped a fuzzy towel around me. I opened the bathroom door to peer downstairs without being seen.

Two women stood downstairs in the parlor. One tall and thin with wild black hair. The other equally as thin but blonde and a sunken in face from stress. They were clearly sisters. The blonde one looked as if she hadn't stopped crying but was doing a good job of masking it. The dark-haired one held no care as she started touching things immediately.

"Narcissa, Bellatrix, enter," I heard Professor Snape call from the living room. As they marched in and the door slammed shut, I knew that whatever was going to be talked about in the other room was not meant for me to hear. On the other hand, I had other ideas.

I changed into a muggle jean and shirt duo and crept downstairs. Professor hadn't put a silencing charm on the room that leads me to believe that maybe he didn't care if I overheard the conversation. I was just not allowed to be seen. Death Eaters had been in and out of Professor Snape's home since the beginning of summer. In case, Voldemort had an inkling about me, no one was to know that I was here. Dumbledore didn't want to raise suspicion especially if the hit on my parents were indeed carried out by Death Eaters on Voldemort's orders.

I leaned against the door to try and listen to what was being said. The conversation was muffled but they still spoke loud enough to make out the conversation through the thick wood door. I had my suspicions of who they were, but I wanted to make sure I was right. I never had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting Draco's family, but I had seen a similar-looking blonde woman with him in the Daily Profit when Mr. Malfoy was arrested after the events at the Ministry last spring.

"I know I ought to not be here. The Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of this..." one of the women spoke. Her voice was filled with worry of the very thought of the Dark Lord knowing she was here.

Professor Snape cut her off, "If the Dark Lord has forbidden it, you are not to speak. Put it down, Bella, we mustn't touch what isn't ours." He cut himself off to speak directly to the other woman. I believed I was right in thinking the Dark-haired one was Bellatrix Lestrange while her sister Narcissa Malfoy was in my living room asking for some guidance from my Potions Master. There was a break in the conversation as the sound of something heavy being put down was made clear almost in a sarcastic matter.