31. Brother

Lamonte's POV

"Lamonte, we can't do this here, not now," Ashanti spoke giving me a slight shove.

"I know we can't. I just can't help myself," I spoke selfishly.

She hopped off the bed and the doctor came back in to give us our farewell.

The car ride was silent, but it wasn't awkward silence.

I was content enough with just her presence.
No woman has ever made me feel what she makes me feel.

I had only known her for a short while and to think that we're going to have a baby.

Even though, I've only known her for a few months, I feel like I've known her for years.
I had a taste of her now and I don't think I could get enough.

I wanted her forever.

She ruined me for any body else.

Some men may say I'm pussy for being so soft with her, but I've been so hard for so long and she is the only person that's made me feel alive.
My life was numb and it was the same vicious cycle over and over again.

Now that I had her, I couldn't go back.

***
A couple days later...

I was sitting in my office when I got a notification on my phone.

I looked at my phone and it was a news headline about me.

This one was like wildfire when it spread.

I kept getting notification after notification.

It was a picture of me and Ashanti walking out of the clinic.

We looked happy and content.

I didn't really care about the press knowing this, but my dad, on the other hand, would start questioning me.

My dad has been fussing with me for years to settle down and that he wants me to have a big family.

That's what my mom wants as well, but I always brushed off the subject.

I felt like I was too young to settle down and I feared the life-long commitment.

I still do, but I can't imagine my life without Ashanti anymore so what does it matter if we get married and have a few babies?

She was already pregnant with my baby, how much more serious could it get?

I am Lamonte fucking King.

I could just flash a smile at any girl and they would fling themselves at me, but Ashanti was always different for me.

I feened for her.

Now, I'm just a guy that's in love.

I'm fucking in love with a girl I've known for 8 months.

I even got her pregnant.

If somebody told me that a couple of years ago, I would've laughed right in their faces.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my office door.
"Come in," I spoke.

Ajax walked through the door with a big grin plastered on his face.