6: A truth kept hidden

June 13, Thursday.
3:00 PM

"Hey..." I wave awkwardly, entering one of the vacant rooms where Sylvie and Theo sat waiting for me for a short period of time.

I was pulled out of class to have a meeting with Professor Adley. We're going to go through what will happen in the event and such. Because Prof wants it executed perfectly.

And why does he want it executed so perfectly? I'm pretty sure his inner motives were to get up the ranks and soon become the principle. And why would he want to become a principle? Well I'd say it's the cha ching! Those dollar bills.

"You may take your seat anywhere." Professor Adley tells me. I nod then choose to take a seat beside Sylvie, flashing her a quick smile.

"Good aftie Lydia!" She greets me.

"Good afternoon Sylvie."

"Now that everyone is here, let us now begin our meeting so that it would finish quicker and then you guys may return to class."

"You say that as if there is so many of us, Prof." I tell him.

"Aha! It feels much more like a meeting that way though." He responds. "Ok, so first of all the exact date when the event will take place is on June 24. We will all meet at the plaza square 9:00 AM sharp and we will hand out flyers till 11. After that, as a treat I will take you three out to eat. Oh- and I hope you're all taking down notes."

"Yes Professor." The three of us say in unison.

"Very good." Professor Adley takes a moment to breathe. "After that, I will let you all go home to relax and get ready, then by 4:00 PM I want you all at the nightfall grande hotel. You all must be in formal attire. I repeat, formal attire. Not casual, not semi-formal, not in a bikini or trunks."

"Prof!" Sylvie laughs, and the rest of us begin to laugh as well.

"Hahahah. Alright. Do any of you have questions?" Prof asks, the three of us then shaking our heads.

"Does that end our meeting?" Theo then asks.

"Of course not! It isn't a meeting if it has only been less than a 5 minutes!" Professor then grins sneakily.

Hmm. I wonder what is on Professor's mind this time.

"What are we going to do then?"

"We're going to build your confidence, Theo!"

"W-what!?" Theo stammers. "Not happening!" He gets up and storms to the door then forcefuly opens it.

"Well hello Mr. Blair, but nobody leaves the meeting room until the meeting is over. You don't want me to tell your teacher to take back the excuse me and Professor Adley here requested from your teacher, right?"

"U-uh..." Theo took a few steps back, and I turn my head to see who was at the door.

Mrs. Diaz

She was blocking the door with her hands on her waist and had a satisfied smile formed on her face.

"Looks like poor Theo has no other option, does he?" Prof chuckles.

"Evil...!" Theo shivers and heads back to his seat.

"You'll be alright." Sylvie pats his back.

"Oh and you two will be practicing it too." Professor adds.

"Eh!?" Me and Sylvie turn our heads to professor in unison. "Say what!?" I blink thrice.

"If you all can't handle doing a speech here, what more in front of hundreds of people?" Mrs. Diaz speaks, while entering the room and closing the door behind here.

"There's going to be hundreds of people!?" Theo begins to hyperventilate and Sylvie attempts to calm him down by rubbing his back.

"No no, that was for example." Mrs. Diaz sighs. "But we aren't sure how much people will attend."

Oh great.

"You need exposure sweetie!" I recalled the words my father told me when I informed him and my mom about the event I will be attending to.

"That's not helping!" Theo whines.

"Oh, and you girls, will also be practicing your speeches here too." Professor Adley smiles.

"Welp." I take a deep breath.

3:40 PM

"You three may go now! Have a good day!" Professor Adley waves goodbye and the three of us walk out of the room like zombies.

"He really let us go only once dismissal came." Sylvie groans.

"I feel like I've just been forced to join a military which builds confidence instead of muscle." Theo complains.

"And what's worst is we'll practice again tomorrow and at our own house." I grumble.

And the three of us all let out three heavy sighs in unison.

"Lyyyddiaaaaaa!" Ari runs over to me, dragging Maia with her.

"You look beat! How was the meeting?" Maia asks.

"Horrid!" Says Sylvie.

"Dreadful!" Then Theo.

"Awful!" And last to speak was me.

Dreadful...

Dread.

"It was really that bad?" Ari frowns. "Oh and Theo! Are you alright? Would you like a muffin? It'll give you energy!" Ari suddenly floods with concern the moment she noticed Theo looking exhausted.

Ooof course...

"No thanks. I'm alright Ari." Theo says with a frown. It felt like he didn't want to be bugged by Ari.

"Psst!" I lightly nudge Ari to get her attention then make a hand signal telling her to tone down a bit.

"Oh, sorry hehe..." Ari scratches the back of her neck then grabs my wrist and pulls me over to the lockers, to a distance where the others wouldn't hear us.

"Now is the perfect chance!" Ari shakes my arm. "You can try to ask him about who he is interested in now!"

"Er... Right now?"

"Yes! Come on... Please! I'll do something, anything in return!" She grabs my hand with both of her hands and pleads, making puppy eyes.

"Fine. I'll ask him. But if he doesn't want to answer I won't force it out of him."

"Yay! Thank you Lydiaaa!" Ari quickly hugs me then the two of us head back to the rest.

"Hey Theo, you don't mind if I ask you something?" I approach Theo, smiling casually.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well..." I walk a few meters away from them then signal Theo to come over to me. He nods and heads over, and from behind I see Maia and Ari giving me a thumbs up, while Sylvie was looking around cluelessly.

"The person you are interested in, who is it?" No- wait... Dang it. That was too direct! I mentally facepalm.

"Oh, hehe..." Theo's already rosy cheeks turns a shade darker. "It's an online friend actually." Theo turned his head away, stifling, yet he was slightly grinning.

He's all giddy just after me asking about the girl. Must be a huge crush.

"Aww... I know how you feel."

"Huh? Really? You like someone online too?"

Oh flip. I blurted that out without thinking.

"Err uh.. N-no! Oh wait, my phone is ringing, gotta go! See you guys!" I wave at Theo then over at the three girls who were waiting for us to finish talking and I zoom out the school and get straight into my car where my dad was waiting.

"You look pale, are you alright sweetie?" My dad asks.

"Yeah... I'm... Alright." I was panting like a dog.

"If you say so."

Goodness Lydia! You almost blew your cover!