T-shirts

"Please tell me you're not wearing that in public?" you asked Natasha. When you walked into the common room you didn't expect to find your friend sitting on the couch wearing something that made you question her fashion choices.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"This," you gestured towards her shirt, "is terrible."

Natasha grinned and stood up so you could get a better view. It was a black shirt with three red claw marks on the front like your suit and under them, it read 'My friend is an Avenger' in bold white letters. It looked so poorly made and asymmetrical, it kinda made you mad just looking at it.

"Steve got it for me," She told you proudly.

"Of course he did." You felt betrayed and intended on getting revenge on the Captain soon.

"If your just gonna judge my clothes I'm gonna go somewhere where I'm more appreciated." As she made her way towards the elevator you managed to catch a glimpse of the design in the back of her shirt.

"You did not!" Printed in the back of the shirt was a large image of your face. "Where did you even get that picture from?!"

"Peter took it during your birthday. The kid is a pretty good photographer." Explains why you looked absolutely shitfaced in the picture.

"Please get rid of it," you pleaded with her.

"Get rid of all the shirts Clint gave you and I might consider it," Natasha smirked as you glared at her. You didn't want to give in to her blackmail, but you also didn't want to see the image on her back getting on the internet.

"Including the Koala one?"

"Especially the Koala one." You should have seen it coming, Nat always had it out for your animal pun shirts. You just didn't think she would stoop so low.
"You'll regret this Romanoff."

"Doubt it, (L/n)."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

After painfully getting rid of half your wardrobe Friday had told you Steve had been looking for you. Jumping at the chance to get back at the traitor you made your way to the gym.

"Rodgers I am so-" you froze in your tracks once you saw the Captain wasn't alone.

Steve was standing in the middle of the gym with a shirt that looked just like the one he had given Nat. But what really hurt was Bucky wearing the same exact shirt. They both had cocky grins on them as you simply gawked at them.

"You're both idiots."

"I made you one too." Steve tossed you a similar shirt with a different phrase that read 'I am an Avenger'.

"I'm going to kill anyone in this tower that owns this shirt," you told them with a serious expression.

"I think they're nice," Bucky muttered.

"Well then you're gonna have to kill the whole team, because everyone got one. Well except for Bruce, he's been off the radar since the last mission."

"If these shirts are still in the tower by the time I come back from Asgard with Thor I will gut you Steve Rodgers," you threatened.

Steve laughed, "Over a shirt?"

"I've killed for less," you told him as you walked away leaving both men feeling nervous.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A/N: just a short chapter that takes place a day or two before Ragnarok. Ragnarok chapters are gonna take a while, I've decided not to have the same ending as the movie cause I don't want to do infinity war and Endgame. BUT for those of you who want the fic to follow the movies, good news, I'm working on a different fic that will. It'll be a gender neutral reader insert and actually have a plot.