3

Blayke's POV

Today was the day I got to watch Emma Reese. I was excited to spend time with the little tyke. Harry was on his way to drop her off right now.

Harry—the man I was crushing on, but also the man who only viewed me as a babysitter.

Once Emma Reese had been dropped off, after Harry and I shared an awkward five minute conversation, he was off on his date.

"What do you say we make ice cream sundaes and watch Disney movies until your dad comes and picks you back up," I questioned the small girl.

She nodded with a huge smile on her face "that's the best idea ever" she runs into the kitchen and I follow closely after her.

I placed Emma on the counter, after placing all of the other ingredients to make the ice cream dish near her.

"So you want chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, gummy bears, sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry on top," Emma clapped and giggled as I placed the bright red maraschino cherry on top of her diabetes in a bowl.

As for myself, I got a bowl of chocolate ice cream and sprinkles. This was becoming a daily thing for me, a woman who is 24, who should be in her prime. It's fine though, some people will never find a true love and I have figured out that I am one of those people.

After hours of watching The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Frozen, Beauty and The Beast, and then finally Toy Story there was a knock on the door. Harry seemed to have floated into the house when I opened the door to see his sleeping baby girl on the couch. "Hey, how was everything?" I asked, stretching out quietly. "You look happy" I pointed out.

"Gosh everything seemed to go amazing, she was absolutely perfect," he smiled at me.

Cue the jealousy. "That's amazing Harry," I felt like I was twitching. I couldn't be twitching.

"Well Emma Reese and I watched a ton of Disney movies. She was a little angel for me," I tried to change the subject, maybe that would be something good to lighten the mood.

"Anyway, do you want some tea?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Cassandra doesn't like tea, can you believe that?" Harry continued on.

Blayke, he's just trying to tell you about his night. He would want you to do the same if you were in his situation, right? I tried to reason with myself.

"Wow that's crazy. Who doesn't like tea, she must be an alien," I tried to sound normal as I went to put my kettle filled with water on the stove.

"What did you two do together?" I asked, it was a legitimate question. I was trying to be a legitimate friend.

"Oh we went to this really fancy restaurant called Maine Street, we also went to the movies, after that we went on a really nice walk, and then I drove her home. It was such an amazing night," I bent over to pick up Honey as he looked at Harry, purring softly in my arms.

"I'm so glad you had an amazing time. Emma and I were about to repeat Frozen again so you came at the perfect timing. And she fell asleep, thank goodness. I didn't know how much more I could have handled."

Harry started walking away from me to look at some more pictures on the wall, some I wish I had taken down years ago when my relationship with that certain someone failed. "Hey, I thought you said you were the only one that didn't have a boyfriend or fiancé." Harry looked at the picture on the wall of a man very clearly kneeling on one knee in front of a the Walt Disney World Castle. Very obviously proposing.

I went to stand beside him and smiled at the memory for a second. "I don't. That's Niall, my ex fiancé. We got engaged super young, as most couples do in this town. We got engaged when I was 20 and he was 25. We were together for two years before that. I was so in love with him, but it just wasn't our timing. You ever heard of the right person, wrong time? That's what I want to believe.

"We dropped the engagement when I turned 22. He decided he wanted someone new. I was too boring, too much of a homebody. So he and my best friend are married and have a son on the way. I'm happy for them. They deserve happiness," I looked away from the picture and walked over to the boiling water in the kettle, wiping away a stray tear that fell from my eye.

"That doesn't sound like a right person, wrong timing to me. It sounds like you deserve better," Harry spoke. I shrugged. I was blinded by rose colored glasses then, I'm blinded by rose colored glasses now. Nothing changes.

"Here's your tea," I whispered as I handed him a large mug with his tea bag in it. "I've just come to realize that I won't ever meet someone. I'm content with myself and Honey right now. I mean, I want a family and kids one day, but if that's not what's meant for me," I shrugged once again.

Harry just looked at me, with sad sympathetic eyes. I didn't need his sympathy. I just took a sip of my tea and smiled at him "don't look at me like that. It's not a big deal. I promise." I had been alone without my parents for four years, and without Niall for two years. I could be alone.

But I didn't want to be.

Hi friends (: I'm back with a little tea * no pun intended* in this session. Would you like to hear more of Niall. Yes, I know I know, Niall is a softy. But sometimes he has to be a bad guy. I hope you all enjoyed, please like and comment if you would like another chapter soon.