Chapter nineteen

You’re on your own my little night mare, you can not stay here, it’s far too bright for you.
If they attack you just lay there, play dead dear, it’s your only hope of pulling through.

Alkaline Trio’s Sadie played at seven am, the signal to wake up. I stretched. It was Monday. I hated Mondays. And I hated this one more than any other; we had to go to school again and now after a whole weekend being around Andy we couldn’t even look at each other at school. That hurt.

“Morning baby” Andy said and kissed me. “Morning” I replied. I sat up and so did Andy. I quickly took a shower as Andy picked out his clothes for that day. When I was done Andy took a shower. Within thirty minutes we both were downstairs for breakfast, but I wasn’t hungry. So I didn’t eat anything.

Then we went to school. We walked together till the center of the village. Then Andy kissed me goodbye and continued our way to school alone. I felt lonely.

By the time I came to school it had started raining. I was glad that I was there already so I wouldn’t be soaked by the time I was in. my hair was only a little damp, but hey, I could deal with that.

I went to my locker and picked out the books which I needed that day. When I looked at my timetable I saw I had pe class the first two hour. “shit” I mumbled, thinking of an excuse not to join that class.

Then I saw the bandage at my hand. Of course! I had an excuse.

I made my way to the locker rooms and threw my bag there. Then I went to the gym and showed mr. Yusan my hand with stitches, and I was right; I didn’t have to join that class. Before anyone was in the gym mr. Yusan took me apart for a second. “Did your dad hurt you recently?” Mr. Yusan asked. I showed my hand. “What?!”  he said. “Did HE do that?” he asked. I nodded carefully. “Sorry that I’m saying this, but your dad is insane.” He said. I just shrugged. “I’m sorry Ashley but I have to help you, you can’t stay home anymore buddy” he said. “I’m staying over at Andy’s this week” I said and explained that Andy and his parents found out.

“Oh okay, that’s good then, but…” Mr. Yusan said. I looked at him. “Isn’t Andy the popular guy who hates you?” he asked. I quickly shook my head and explained. “Andy’s friends hate me. Andy is my boyfriend but he’s getting beaten up if he’s with me or talking to me, so it’s kind of a secret…” I said. “Your boyfriend?” Mr. Yusan asked. I nodded shyly. “That’s so cute” he said. I just blushed. “I’m gay too Ashley, I’m married” Mr. Yusan said. My jaw dropped “awesome” I said. Mr. Yusan ruffled my hair and then we went to the gym again.

That day was terrible.

The last hour I had biology class. There Andy and Juliet sat next to each other, in front of me. Juliet was touching Andy everywhere, she sat on his lap, she kissed him and she touched his hair all the time. I was getting sick of it. It made me so angry. It was my Andy. He was MINE.

“Hey fagboy you are fat” Juliet said. “Fuck you” I said. “What did you say?” Juliet asked. “Fuck you!” I yelled. I started crying. “You don’t know what you’re doing to me all the time, do you?” I yelled. “Ashley Purdy!” the teacher screamed. I didn’t care. I ran out of the classroom. I ran down the stairs and then bumped into Mr. Yusan, who apparently had an hour off. “Ashley, what’s going on?” he asked worried as he saw me crying.

“Nothing” I cried and wanted to walk further. Mr. Yusan stopped me. “Ashley” he said. I just looked at him. “Maybe it’s better if you come with me for a second…” Mr. Yusan said and took me to the teacher’s room.

There he took me to a smaller room and told me to sit down on the couch which was standing there.

“What’s going on Ashley?” He asked as he sat down next to me. “I-I nothing” I sobbed. Mr. Yusan just rubbed his hand over my back. I let out a shaky breath. “I-I’m sorry” I said. “There’s no reason to be sorry Ashley” he said softly. “What happened?” he asked softly.

“J-Juliet called me fat again and-and I’m sick of people calling me names” I sobbed. “Juliet Simms?” Mr. Yusan asked. I nodded. “Shall I talk to her?” Mr. Yusan asked. “N-No, please don’t” I sobbed.

I talked with Mr. Yusan for the rest of the hour. Then I walked home again, alone. Well, I walked to Andy’s house, since I slept there. Andy’s mum opened the door for me “Oh dear, Ashley what happened?” she asked as she saw me with red, puffy eyes and make up smeared over my face. “N-nothing” I sobbed and swallowed hard. “You can tell me everything Ashley, please tell me” she said. “J-Juliet called me fat again and I’m just s-sick of people calling me fat and calling me names” I sobbed.

Andy’s mum hugged me. “Oh Ashley” she said. She let me clean my face and then Andy came home again. I sat down on the bed, clutching a pillow against my chest, crying. “Ashley” Andy whispered and quickly walked over to me. “I’m so sorry baby” he whispered and wrapped his arms around me. I just cried softly.

Andy held me as I cried. After thirty minutes Andy’s phone buzzed. A text message from Jinxx; Hey guys, can we practice tomorrow again? It was fun last time :) x

That was okay for me and Andy. Andy texted back that it was okay and we told him that they could come over at seven pm, it was okay for Andy’s parents too.

Andy’s dad called us for dinner. We’d have a salad and potatoes. I just sat there; I didn’t feel like eating, I was too upset. “Ashley, is everything okay?” Andy’s dad asked. I swallowed hard and nodded “I’m fine” I said, but my voice broke. Then I couldn’t stop it anymore and burst out in tears again.

“What’s going on Ash?” Andy asked softly. “I-I’ll tell you later” I said, swallowing again. But I didn’t want to tell him later, I wanted to die.

After dinner we went upstairs again and as soon we sat down on our beds we fell asleep, with our clothes still on.

The next morning we woke up because of andy’s mum coming into our room.