9

wills pov
-

its been twenty four hours since i last saw mike, since i last kissed his lips. after i left his house, everything seemed clear.

i liked him.

but i wasnt gay.

the thing that me and mike jave isnt gay and it never would be. it's not gay because we arent dating and we never will. we're just really good friends.

-

i was cleaning my room as a cassette played in my boombox, the one that jonathan had made me. i smiled as the familiar melody played throughout my ears "should i stay or should i go" i sang, to the music ans started dancing around.

i was soon interrupted out of my musical moment when i heard a voice come over my radio.

-

"will, its mike. over."

i walked over to my radio that dustin helped me fix at some point and i leaned into the mike.

"its will. over." i responded, smiling at the okder boys voice.

"do you maybe wanna come over for a sleep over? over."

"uh sure. over"

"okay cool! i already invited everyone else. ill see you then ! over and out."

"over and out"

-

i walked into the living room where my mom was sitting with jonathan,watching the tv. "hi honey." she said smiling, popping a piece of popcorn into her mouth

"um can i go over to mikes house?" i asked with a sweet smile.

"will its.." she looked up at the clock on the wall, "9:00 pm. honey, you dont need to go out so late. you remember what happened last time when you were out by yourself." she said, looking at me sympathetically.

"mommy pleaseeee!" i begged, crawling up next to her on the couch, puckering my bottom lip out.

"i mean, i can take him mom" jonathan said. mom looked at me and then to jonathan, "alright fine. but be careful!" she said, shooing us off.

-

jonathan pulled into the wheelers driveway and sighed "have fun, kiddo"

"what, youre not gonna come in to see nancy?" i asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"shut up will" he chuckled and rolled his eyes

"bye jonathan" i said as i got out of the car, smiling.

"bye, william" he said as he pulled off, leaving me to walk to mikes front door.

i knocked on the front door, waiting for an answer. after hearing some chatter and rumbling around, the door opened, revealing suzie and max.

"thank god youre here." max said desperately, pulling me into the house. "what, why?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"mike and el." suzie said.
"what do you m-mean?" i asked before max grabbed my arm and took me to the basement. "see for yourself." suzie replied as we walked into the basement.

the first thing i saw when i walked into the room was eleven sitting on mikes lap, her legs straddling him. her arms were wrapped around his neck, and they were in a deep makeout session. dustin and lucas couldnt come.

after i saw the sight, i instantly felt a pang in my chest. "i think im gonna be sick" i mumbled, suddenly feeling green. "yeah me too" max said sarcastically.

mikes hands were pressed against elevens butt and i flinched at them. mikes eyes soon opened and his eyes found their way towards me. his eyes widened and he pushed eleven off of him.

"will, hi!" he guiltily smiled.

"hi" i said softly and waved at him

"shit, if i knew that will would make mike stop, i wish he wouldve been here a long time ago." suzie whispered to max.

eleven looked over to mike and crossed her arms "what was that for?" she asked quietly "nothin" mike said and shook his head.

-

mikes parents werent home once again so max, suzie, and el could spend the night without a problem.

mikes fathers alcohol cabinet was locked up so we couldnt get into it. everyone just decided to take tonight to chill and watch a movies. el and mike remained on the couch, side my side.

"so im gonna go get some snacks before the movie starts" i said, already walking upstairs. "ill come with!" max said, following me.

"so that makeout session that they were having was pretty rough, huh?" max questioned, pouring popcorn kernels into a pan.

"yeah. its kinda disturbing that they would do it in front of people" i said, grimacing at the memory.

she turned on the stove and the kernels soon started to pop. as soon as the popcorn was done, i got some m&ms from the cabinet along with some chips and drinks and then we walked back down stairs to the basement.

"will come sit next to me." mike said, patting the side of the couch beside him that el wasnt on. "erm.. okay" i said before i slowly walked over to the table setting the snacks down. i grabbed a bowl of popcorn from max and sat down on the couch beside mike.

"here losers, take this blanket" max said, throwing a blanket at the three of us. mike unfolded the blanket and covered him, me, and el. suzie flipped the lights off and slid the tape into the player, back to the future presenting itself onto the tv.

-

it was almost halfway throughout the movie when i felt a hand snake up my thigh to where my hand was sitting. the hand soon engulfed my hand into their own, causing a shiver to go down my spine.

i looked up to see mike looking down at me and i couldnt help but to smile, looking back at the tv.

for the rest of the movie, our fingers remained interlocked under the blanket whilst his arm remained around elevens shoulder.