roadtrip

"we are not going to all fit," you crossed your arms and shook your head. the car was way too small for so many people and so much luggage.

"there are three cars, y/n." jonathan replied to you. you knew for a fact that he and steve were driving, but who was driving the other?

"three?"

"my brother is driving," max intervened. everyone turned to stare at her.

her brother? billy? no one had seen him in so long after the battle of starcourt. he had been so badly injured and traumatized that he kept to himself.

"i'm glad," you replied softly. max gave a warm smile in return.

"ah, here comes the other car," jonathan nodded approvingly.

everyone turned to see steve pulling up with dustin happily in the shotgun seat and robin crossing her arms in the back. they all seemed to be arguing over something.

"dustin, i am older than you," robin said as she stepped out of the car.

"yeah, well i'm his best friend," dustin replied as he also stepped out of the red/maroon bmw.

steve stepped out and put his arms on his hips, "ladies! ladies," he raised his hand and motioned for them to relax, "there's plenty of me to go around."

you scrunched your nose and shook your head. everyone burst out laughing at their bickering.

billy's car finally become visible at the end of the street. everyone seemed to quiet down a bit. they all knew that billy had become different since the incident, but most of them were still wary.

he slowly parked into will's driveway. cautiously, he emerged from his car, but did not say anything. you could see that he felt slightly uncomfortable.

"hey billy," you waved. he deserved to feel welcomed. you lot welcomed people who were willing to change and be good.

at that, billy gave a warm smile. he seemed to sigh in relief. he appreciated you trying to help him feel welcomed. "hello y/n," he said to you then nodded to everyone else.

everyone said hello to him. then, a small wave of silence.

"come help us," steve, out of all people, said. everyone gawked at steve, but he knew what it felt like to be a complete douche then try to make a change.

billy stared at him before nodding his head. max  quietly let out a sigh of relief. lucas rubbed her back and she leaned into his caress.

everyone went back to talking amongst each other. nancy, mike, eleven and will put their luggage in jonathan's car, while dustin and robin kept their's in steve's. max and lucas placed theirs in billy's. you decided to ride with ________. (who would you ride with and why?)

a trip away from hawkins for two weeks was what you all needed. hawkins was home, but it was also where everything bad had happened. it was time to take some time away and to spend time with all your friends.

i'm heading back home to the bay area from eugene, oregon, so i'm going to be in the car for a while. this is why there may be a billion updates today. i hope you are all okay with that.