Chapter 21 - Rematch and The Secret Prisoner

General POV

*Here it comes. Again.

Kris, Susie, and Ralsei found themselves fighting a familiar foe once again as a consequence of Rouxls Kaard's control crown. K.Round was merely a puppet at that point, someone without a will, a mere puppet that desired the destruction of the so-called heroes of light. It had a smile of innocence yet evil look lying behind it and powerful crushing legs. However, they wouldn't give up without a fight.

Kris, remembering how it was defeated last time, decided to bow for the king to make the crown loose and fall. K.Round bowed back but the effect was merely noticeable. It had learned after the last fight.

"Huh!? That hardly did anything! How can we push off that CROWN...?" Ralsei widened in shock after seeing the little effect it had.

"...Hmm." Susie murmured, thinking to herself.

Right after the failed attempt of the human, the checker king jumped high in the air and tried to crush Kris' soul with a terrifying ground-pound. Kris managed to avoid it by little, almost getting squeezed by its giant legs. He sighed by the tiny fright and hopelessly bowed another time, hoping this time it would work. K.Round bowed back but yet again the effect was very small.

"It's still hardly working! Whatever can we do, Kris...?" Ralsei smiled kindly trying to hide the uncertainty of the battle.

"...Hey." Susie called and Kris looked at her. It seemed that she had an idea. Before she could speak K.Round shuffled furiously and threw star-like projectiles. They were slow but many were thrown at a time. Unfortunately for the human, the soul was hit and his HP started to get lower and the battle had just started.

On their next turn, Kris let Susie try her idea. 

"Susie? You want to ACT? Aww, what's your idea?" Ralsei said after realizing Susie was willing to act.

"Umm... well... how do I say this. I kind of... Need you for this one."

"That's fine, Susie! I'll help! You want to apologize to it for earlier, right?" She asked innocently.

"Nah, I just need you to stay still." Susie answered smiling and grabbed Ralsei out of the blue. "Kris! We gotta get that CROWN off its head! Help me throw Ralsei at it!" She requested, speaking very fast while Ralsei was widening and unable to do anything. Kris hesitated at first but saw no other way so he agreed to help her.

Susie prepared to throw the fluffy girl while Kris adjusted the angle. She needed help at yeeting because her hair got in the way and it made throwing more difficult.  With the help of the quiet human, Susie was able to yeet Ralsei at the crown, making it almost fall. Right after her fall, Ralsei ran back to the looking dizzy but still willing to battle. Kris admired the way Ralsei didn't quit even if defeating the enemy was going to be unpleasant for her.

Despite being more vulnerable than before, K.Round continued to attack furiously. It jumped even higher than before and charged a powerful stomp aiming for Kris once again. It then fell on the floor with a terrifying sound of rock being smashed and destroyed. As if the attack itself wasn't strong enough, pieces of the floor were sent flying after. Kris managed to not get hit neither by the powerful stomp nor the wreckage of the crash. 

The fight just kept getting more and more intense. None of them were that hurt but they were afraid of the damage those attacks could provide. Even Susie, although she was hiding it.

When there was time to breathe, Ralsei looked at Susie with a determinated (yet cute) look meaning she was ready to be throw again. Susie grabbed her again and managed to hit the crown once again. This time the crown was inches from falling. But K.Round was yet to be defeated.