Attempted Murder

Kirito was to do his team building exercise today, so he never showed up to dinner. He was probably level grinding out somewhere, and got a room at an inn. I hope he was okay...

As I stand up, I get the idea to go out shopping and grinding. It's better than sitting around doing nothing. I step out of my home, and take a look around the place I called home.I sigh, and walk off to town.

While shopping, I see the girl from the forest, Silica, and her dragon. Guess she and Kirito successfully revived it. I haven't see her since we went on that expedition together. She turns to see me, and smiles. "Hi Sheik. It's been awhile." She greets me.

"Yeah. It has." I smile back.

Silica was with another girl, one with pink hair. Did she dye it, or is that natural? I don't know. "Who's she, Silica?" The girl asked.

"Oh, he's actually a boy. This is Sheik. He helped me bring Pina back to life." She explains to her friend.

"Really? A red player? That's odd." The girl said.

"Yeah. He's actually really nice." She says with a smile.

"Oh. Well, nice to meet you. I'm Lizbeth." She smiles, and introduces herself.

"Likewise." I nod.

"How are you doing? You didn't kill anyone lately, did you?" Silica asked.

"No, actually. Kirito is trying to get me to stop. So...I'm trying." I say with a shrug.

"Oh, that's good. Well, what are you doing right now?" She asked.

"Well, I'm going to the market to buy food and weapons. I'm expecting a guest tonight at my place, and I want to prepare a nice dinner for him." I smile.

"Wow, really? That's so sweet." Lizbeth says, and pats my back. "Well, if you're looking for weapons, come by my place. I can make something up for you in a jiffy." She adds.

"Thanks for the offer, but right now, I have to get some food. Maybe later today." I say, and walk past them. Tonight, I was making rabbit.

—————————————

While I was shopping, I felt something was off. As if on instinct, I open my friend's menu, and see Kirito was paralyzed. My eyes widen, my heart almost stops, and I drop the food I was holding. I start to run off to Kirito's location.

As I arrive at the canyon he was in, I use my Detect skill, looking around the place as I run frantically. After upgrading my skill to its max level, I can see everything in an area, and I catch sight of Kirito's silhouette. He wasn't dead yet, but he was going to be if I didn't get there soon. I hit full speed, possibly breaking through the sound barrier, and catch of what was happening.

As I run forward, I catch what seems to be shouting. "Die... Die...! DIE!!" That man with the shaggy long hair screams furiously, and attempts his final blow, when I appear behind him and plung my knife into his back.

He pauses from the shock, and looks back at me. My face showed no mercy. The expression he wore was no longer one of crazed dominance, but now was a face of fear and despair. He drops his weapon, and starts to beg me. "P-Please...! Don't kill me...!" He whines, and looks at me with tears in his eyes.

I didn't care much for his begging. "You dare beg for your life when you were murdering someone before I showed up...? People like you disgust me." I say, and move the blade upward.

He whimpers from this, fearing I was going to rip my knife upward and end his life. Well he was right. That's exactly what I did. I swiftly leap up, not dislodging my blade as it tears through his virtual flesh. I then remove the blade of my dagger, and land in front of Kirito, back turned to watch his attempted murderer fall to the ground, and disappear into shining shards.