Yui

The next morning, I was sitting on the edge of the bed the unconscious girl, and watching over her sleep. Something about her reminded me of Kirito. Was it her face? Her black hair? Her peaceful resting? Although she had black hair, it was done in a shorter style, like mine. She even had a sort of birthmark that looked like a scar running over her eye lids. I had that too. Was this a coincidence? Was there something more to this girl?

Without me noticing, which is a hard thing to do, she awoke, and was staring at me while I was lost in thought. I finally look down and notice this, and jump backward a bit. "Jesus Christ...!" I exclaimed, waking Kirito.

"What...?" He asked, as he looked at the girl. "She's up?" He asked, and went over to us.

The small child was now sitting straight up, looking around the bedroom she was put in. "Glad you're awake. You sleep well?" Kirito asked the girl, who nodded silently. "Great. Can we get a name?" He asked next.

"Name...? My name is...um..." She was having trouble remembering, until it finally came to mind. "Yui..." She mutters.

"That's a cute name. Oh, this is Sheik. And I'm Kirito." He says to her.

"Cheek...? Kito...?" She mumbled adorably.

"No, it's Sheik and Kirito. Ki-ri-to." He breaks it down for her.

She tries again, and speaks. "Kito." She says confidently.

"This isn't working... Okay. How about a nickname? Call me whatever makes you feel comfortable." He says.

She thinks for a bit, then speaks. "...daddy..." She mutters.

I was surprised to hear this, and kinda saw what was coming next. "And Cheek is...mommy."

"N-No way...! Not happening! I am not a mommy! I'm a boy, after all!" I say with a blush. "And definitely not his lover!" I point at Kirito.

"Ouch. That was a bit much, don't you think?" He says.

For a moment, I thought I heard a soft voice speaking. It said "You're a boy...?" and it sounded rather feminine. But then I couldn't hear it anymore, so I assumed it was nothing.

I quickly glare at Kirito, then look back to Yui to speak. But then comes the guilt trip. It looked like she was about to cry. Maybe...I did go overboard with that freak out. I sigh, and smile at her. "Okay fine. I'll be mommy. Even though I'm a boy." I say, and mutter the last part.

She soon gets her smile back, and jumps on me, hugging me. "Yay! Mommy!" She cheers, and I hug back. Even though it's impossible for me to be a mommy, I guess it can't hurt to have her call me that until we find her parents.

"Then I guess that makes me daddy, huh? Oh well. Breakfast time?" Kirito suggests, and I could hear Yui's stomach growl.

I smile, and go to cook something for us to eat. I set a plate down for Kirito, and one for Yui. "Here you go, you two. Enjoy." I say.

Kirito takes a bite out of my food, as I go to do some house work. I hear the two talking a bit, and Kirito ends up giving Yui half of the meal I made for him. "Talk about a waste of food..." I mutter, and continue to clean the dishes.

After that, we both mostly spent the day with Yui, playing out in the forest, eating, and just doing regular family things. We had hoped that exploring a bit might help with her memory loss, but she seemed perfectly normal. As if she actually thought we were her parents. Me and Kirito put her to bed, and had a little adult talk. "What should we do with her? We can't keep her here until someone beats the game. We both need to be at the boss raids." Kirito says.

"Yeah... But we can't abandon her, either. That would just be heartless." I reply.

"I know. Which makes this whole situation much harder." He nods.

"How about, tomorrow, we take Yui to the Town of Beginnings? Maybe that'll trigger some memories for her." I suggest.

"Sounds logical to me. I agree with you there." Kirito agrees.

"Tomorrow it is, then." I smile, and was about to go to bed with him myself, but I stop. "Hey Kirito...? Have you noticed...how much Yui looks like us?" I asked him.

"Huh? Well...yeah. I noticed that. What about it?" He says.

"I don't know... It's just something about her. I can't help but compare her to you. And a little bit to me. She even has that scar over her eye, like me." I say.

"Yeah. That is weird." He nods. "You don't actually think... There's no way. You're a boy. And we found her in the forest. There's no way had a kid, and she grew up this fast." Kirito says.

I nod. "Well...thinking about it isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's call it a night, and do what we planned tomorrow." I say, and walk into the room, laying in the bed with Kirito.