Tanker (21)

For those of you asking how often I plan on updating:

I'm going to try once or twice a week. Not going to set days/deadlines because then I get stressed and don't want to write bc I feel like I have to. 

Don't forget to comment! <3

Anyway, enjoy my little book wormies! <3

----------------

The moment I saw this little filly, I knew something was off. She's like a nervous cat in a room full of rocking chairs! Every little movement has her twitchin' like a flea riddin' mutt and god knows how much the poor girl had gone through already to react like that.

Even so, there is just something about this girl that just gets my goose. For some damned reason, her five-foot-nothin', one-hundred-pound soaking wet frame and sweet as a peach personality has my ass itchin' protective genes coming back to life like they were caught with their pants down after years of sleepin'.

I knew right then and there when she walked in my store that my life is about to get turned upside down. And I most certainly wasn't wrong.

Takin' her as my one and only employee is more for me than for her anyways. For one, I can keep my eye on 'er and two, she's the only female in this town that's not droolin' after me like a dog in heat. Me being twenty years her senior has nothing to do with it either. Them harlots in this town are looser than a frogs tongue for gods sake!

'Age is just a number' my ass.

Taking her as an employee was the only thing I could think of on the spot and I have no regrets. Besides, that girl is the only damn person that doesn't make me want to piss off the pope. That's an accomplishment in itself.

Looking back at my phone, I read her response.

And then re-read it.

Little Filly: Let's just say my guardians are no longer in my life. It was my choice.

My blood boils as I read the underlying words not being said, but implied. So basically, her parents are a waste of oxygen and she ran away to start a new life abuse free.

Yeah...I'm defiantly going to need their names and address.

And a gun.

Or two.

Hell, where are my grenades?

Taking a deep breath, I decide to leave the poor thing alone for now so she doesn't run off on me. Maybe latter I'll tell her about my time being a hitman in Russia or something to gain some more trust.

Maybe.

My life is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Sang POV

I watch Zander's reaction as I press send on the text. He looks down at his phone and tenses. I have to give him credit though, if I wasn't watching him like a hawk, I wouldn't even be able to tell. The discipline he's undoubtfully had over the years makes it seemingly impossible to read his body language correctly. Every blink of his eyes and twitch of the nose is calculated and purposely done by him.

A few words come to mind when I now think of Zander. Loyalty, control, and trust. All forged from pain, loss, and heartbreak. No wonder I like him so much.

Lost souls tend to stick together.

Emitting a ling, deep, audible breath, he gives an affirmative nod. "When do we need to be there?"

I quickly type a response.

Me: 15 minutes :)

He, again, nods his head once but softens his tight mouth at the sight of the happy face I sent him. In a split second, his demeanor changes into the disciplined soldier he once was like he is preparing for battle. I mean, he kind of is if he's going to be facing Axel and whoever else he deemed worthy to show up at my personal interrogation.