The End is Where You Start From

Notes:          

Happy final update!! I'll save the more in depth stuff for the end notes, however I just wanted to say thank you to every single one of you. Whether you commented, voted, or simply read and enjoyed the story, I'm happy that you were here to experience it!! I feel so lucky to have such a sweet audience, so thank you❤️💙

TW// FOR ABSOLUTE LOVE AND SUPPORT AND THE FLUFFIEST OF FLUFFS THIS CHAPTER!!!💖💕 i wouldn't end this fic on an angsty note :) I'll just save that for the sequel 😇

---

"Are you sure you want to be up and about right after that fight?" May asks her resilient nephew through his door as he gets ready to go to Stark Tower. Tony invited them, along with Ned and MJ, to spend Saturday at the Tower together. Peter immediately said yes and has been jittery with excitement ever since. He throws on one of his Midtown High sweatshirts and hurriedly stuffs his Spider-Man suit into his backpack, just in case. He steps out of his room to see May just outside it.

"Very sure. I've recovered from way worse, like the whole Toomes thing. You should've seen me after the warehouse." It's been getting easier and easier to talk about Homecoming night. He considers it progress. "Plus It's gonna be great with all of us at the penthouse! Mr. Stark says it's gonna be, like, a celebration for beating Mysterio, or something." Peter shrugs his shoulders before putting his backpack on all the way.

"Alright, just don't push yourself, okay? You're shoulder and knee are still healing," May reminds him with barely hidden concern.

"Don't worry, I was on the outside of a plane when it crashed, remember? If I can survive that with just a few bumps, I can handle sore shoulder," Peter answers honestly. May raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms.

"That's supposed to make me feel better?" she questions as Peter laughs mischieviously. "Be careful or I might have to ground you from your field trip." May swats his back and pushes her nephew towards the front of the apartment.

"You would never!" Peter teases back, but walks towards the door anyways. As May grabs her purse and jacket, Peter's phone buzzes in his pocket. He pulls it out to see a text from Tony. He'll never get used to seeing a genius like Tony Stark's name pop up on his screen.

   Mr. Iron Man

Tony: Still on for today?

Peter: of course! we're on our way rn

Tony: Good

Tony: Am I not good enough for you to type out the words "right now?"

Peter: you better watch out mr. stark

Peter: your ego is showing again

Tony: Never mind, just stay home. I'll hang out with Ned and MJ instead. At least they're respectful

Peter: hey! you said their real names!

Peter: and you say that like MJ didnt call you stupid the first time she met you

    Peter bounds towards the stairs as he texts and May locks their apartment door before following.

   Mr. Iron Man

Tony: Technicalities. No party poopers allowed, which means no Peter Parkers who insult my self confidence

Peter: ᵇᵘᵗ

Peter: ᵐʳ. ˢᵗᵃʳᵏ

Peter: ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿᵗ ᵈᵒ ᶦᵗ ʷᶦᵗʰᵒᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ