Dangerous Misconceptions

"I didn't mean it, honest--"

"I get it, Tae. I just... don't think you should be here, right now."

Jimin opened his eyes. He was lying in bed, Namjoon sitting at his side. The door closed, and he sat up, surprising the older man.

"Are you alright?"

Jimin sighed heavily, flopping back onto the bed. "I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"For what?"

"I overreacted," Jimin grumbled, rolling onto his side and curling into a ball.

Namjoon waited, but didn't push the subject. Jimin remained tense, staring blankly at the blankets in front of his nose. The shadows stretched, and Namjoon slumped slowly onto the bed beside him, asleep. Jimin stared at the blankets a little longer, then got up, crawling over Namjoon.

The phone was ringing downstairs. Jimin looked around, frowning. No one was there. He picked the receiver up and took a deep breath, accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Is this Min Yoongi?"

"No, I'm sorry, he's not here now."

"...who are you?"

"J-jimin," Jimin said, swallowing hard. Something felt off. "Park Jimin."

"Oh?" a smug note entered the stranger's voice. "Fancy running into you again."

"What are you talking about?" Jimin said.

"You don't remember me? Aww, too bad. I guess I'll have to remind you."

Jimin's eyes widened, and he quickly ended the call, slamming the receiver back into the holder. Leaning on the counter, he counted breaths, scowling at the counter when his heartbeat didn't slow. It was so unfair. Why couldn't he escape? Why couldn't there be some end to all of this?

"Jimin? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Jimin snapped, running a hand through his hair.

"Doesn't sound like nothing," Yoongi said.

Jimin rolled his eyes, moving toward the back door.

"Where are you going?"

"Around the back for a walk."

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yes!" Jimin scowled, yanking the door open. "I just need people to leave me alone, empress above!"

"Whoa, hey! I'm not trying to be invasive--"

Jimin slammed the door behind him.

The warm sunlight and softly swaying trees did nothing to allay his bad mood. He stalked around the back of the house, then stopped, running his hands through his hair and tugging on the roots. Turning, he jogged to the front of the house, just in time to run into the man coming up the walk.

"Oh? Excited to see me?"

Jimin didn't hesitate. Whipping around on his heel, he raced back the way he'd come and then some, ducking past Taehyung's (empty) hiding spot and into the trees. Once he was thoroughly lost, he sat down against a tree trunk and laughed.

It's always like this. I can't escape.

I'll never escape.