Two Steps Forward

"Yoongi-hyung?" Jimin called.

"What is it?" Yoongi asked, looking up from the book he was reading. Jimin fidgeted, then walked to join him on the couch, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Yoongi furrowed his brows. "For what?"

"For not talking to you earlier," Jimin said. "And for being... terrible... in general."

Yoongi hummed, setting his book down, and ruffled Jimin's hair. "Does this mean I get to know before you start crying next time?"

"Hyung!" Jimin grumbled.

Yoongi chuckled. "Kidding. We'll try to prevent a next time." He sighed, ruffling Jimin's hair again. "And thank you for the apology. You scared me."

"I'm sorry,"

"No, I am. I need to get used to these things. Having two former concubines in the house can be exhausting sometimes."

Jimin bit his lip and looked away sulkily. "Well if it's so bad--"

Yoongi laughed outright. "I don't blame you for any of it, Jimin. Is that what you needed to hear?" He took Jimin's face in his hands, pulling him in so their foreheads collided and Jimin sprawled on top of him. Once their laughter subsided, he ran a hand through Jimin's hair, fixing what he'd messed up.

"You're safe here, no matter what," he said. "I promise."

And for the first time in years, Jimin felt himself relaxing. He smiled at Yoongi, resting his head on the healer's chest, and took a deep breath.

"I know," he said.

The smile that split Yoongi's face was worth the months of uncertainty.