Chapter 13

2 weeks later

Gidget's POV:

I'm completely healed now. Xavier and I have been doing really well.
I think we're finally back to How thing we're before everything got messed up.
He seems like something is on his mind though. He's still distant even though I know he's trying not to be. He's not telling me something. Our bond is back and stronger than ever. I can sense him yet again and for some reason that gives me sense of security.

I still have scars but they aren't as bad as they were.
The only ones that are really noticeable are on my back. I've been hiding them from Xavier still. They are ugly and I don't want him to see them. The back of my shirt had a cut out part but that's why I wore a sweater with it.(outfit at the top.) I walk downstairs and don't see Xavier anywhere but I can sense him so he must be in his office. As I walk through the doorway I see Xavier there, his hands in his hair and looking down at the desk. I don't what it is that's stressing him out so much but he needs to get it off his chest.

"Xavier?" I say quietly as I approach his desk.

He looks up at me and instantly his eyes brighten a little but there's still sadness and worry hidden behind them.

"Gidget." He replies softly.

I walk around the desk to him. He stands and embraces me lovingly.

"You need to tell me whatever it is I'll understand."

He pulls back with a surprised look on his face that's then masked with sadness.

"I know I just don't want to hurt you any more than I already have." He says.

I place my hand on his cheek and look into the mesmerizing blue eyes and say, "It's okay. Tell me."

He searches my eyes for any doubt but I show none know if I did he would back out.

"You don't know everything about who Victor was,
him and your mother were mates. For a while they were happy and
Victor was a good mate. About a year after they were wed and mated he started to abuse her. What started out as only in moments of anger turned to an everyday
occurrence. If she hadn't of been a vampire she never would have
survived such cruelty. When your mother found out she
was pregnant she knew she had to leave. She couldn't let
him hurt you like he hurt her." He said.

I suddenly feel weak so I sit on the desk.

"Seraphina's best friend in high school was Winter who was a witch.
She knew she was the only person who could help her get out but she had to wait for the right moment. What she didn't know is that Victor had been slowly giving
her his blood the whole time she was pregnant. Which explains why
you can only drink vampire blood. When she went for Winter, Winter could
only use a protection spell but it was weak if Victor got too close he could sense you both. So winter went to some elder witches and did some research
and she found the spell that made you both appear human and only
have human qualities. She cast the spell when you were born but the spell was only temporary and would wear off completely on you 19 birthday." 
He continued and I felt like my whole world had been flipped upside down.

"When you were four and your mother was murdered it was because Victor had found her. Victors the one who killed your mother." He said not daring to look me in the eyes.

"How do you know all this?" I asked as I felt hot tears streaming down my face.

"Victor told me before I killed him and I confirmed by getting the rest of the story from Winter. I didn't want to tell you until I had the whole truth." He stated.

I start to head for the door but a hand around my wrist stops me in my tracks.

"Gidget please, don't push me away." He pleads. "I love you."

I look up at him. "I love you too, I just... I need a little time to process things." I say.

He nods understandingly and release my wrist from his tight grip.

I go back to my room and pull off my sweater,
feeling hot from all the crying. I feel tired so I lay down
thinking I'll take a sort nap.
Shortly after my hated hits the pillow
the darkness takes over.

After Gidget left Xavier's office.

Xavier's POV:

I keep pacing the room and reviewing what just happened in head.
I know I had to tell her but I can't help but feeling as though
I caused her pain. I can feel it through the bond. Such sadness,
confusion and anger. It's my fault she was doing better,
I should have left it alone.

NO! I can't think like that she had to know.
It was destroying me to keep such a thing from her.
If I hadn't told her it would have ruined our relationship
and the trust that we have just recently built back up.
I just I can't lose her again I don't know what
I do if she was hurt again or worse.

I want so badly to just go and comfort her but
I know she needs to be alone right now. Her whole world
Was just crushed and that's going to take time.
No matter what she needs I'm going to be there for
her I'm never making my past mistakes again.
She won't be alone not while I'm alive.

~~~

A/N

I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I also know it's a pretty short chapter. I do however hope that you enjoyed it. I'm sorry it's been so long I just haven't had any motivation to write lately and don't want to write when I don't want to. I want to give you guys the best possible story I can even if that means taking a little longer to post chapters sometimes. However I do feel as though this story is coming to an end. Which could possibly be why I've been avoiding writing I hate endings. Have a great day.     

🤗 VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE. 🤗

~ Sadie 🖤

🥀🥀🥀