36

****

When we finally broke apart, a soft smile played at Sirius' lips. His perfect lips. The lips I had just finished kissing. I couldn't believe it. He reached down and ran his nimble finger down my face. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that",he said, his voice barely above a whisper. This caused my heart to burst with giddy excitement. "Do you have a crush on me?", the corners of my lips lifted, "That's pretty embarrassing".

He raised an eyebrow and looked me up and down. "Oh please, you can't prance around the castle wearing something like that and not expect to get kissed", his eyes stayed trained on me, but they gleamed with excitement. My mouth fell open and I placed my hands on my hips, "I wasn't planning on running into anyone tonight, especially not you". He let out a barking laugh and took a step toward me, "I bet you're glad you did". I let out a soft laugh and tilted my head to the side, "Maybe".

Then he pulled me in for another kiss. This time it was softer, gentler. It was vulnerable and heartfelt, and I didn't want it to stop. When it did, I looked up into his eyes. He was looking at me like no one had ever looked at me before. Even through the dim lighting, the brightness of his gaze shone. "Tell me what you're thinking", I let out. He ran his hand down my arm, sending a shiver down my spine. "I'm thinking that I'm the luckiest person in the world", and he interlaced his fingers with mine.  

It didn't feel like we were walking back to the dormitory, it felt as if we were floating. I was utterly unaware of anything but the feeling of his hand in mine and my heart pounding against my chest. When we reached the Hufflepuff common room, Sirius leaned down and kissed the top of my head, whispering, "Sleep well, sunshine".

Unfortunately, I was unable to fulfill that request. The giddiness spread through my body, and I lay awake, staring at the top of my four poster bed until birds started chirping and the other girls began to stir. Sirius kissed me. Sirius kissed me. Sirius kissed me. It felt like my whole life had led up to the moment. I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment I began to have feelings for him, but I knew it was much longer ago than I wanted to admit to myself.

As I lay enveloped in the warm embrace of my quilt, I let my mind wander to the first time we had ever spoken. I highly doubted he remembered it, but I did. It was in our first year, close to the end of the year. I was walking down the hallway with Olivia, fervently making plans about when and where we were going to meet up over the summer holiday, when a mass of unruly hair swept past me and knocked me down.

I was lying on the ground in the middle of the hallway, embarrassed beyond belief, the wind fully knocked out of me. I had blinked a few times, trying to pull myself back together after the unexpected fall to the ground. Then, out of nowhere, he appeared. It was just for a split second, our interaction. He hoisted me up and gave me a wink, "Sorry, love". And with that he was gone. My elbows were brushed and my ego was hurt, and I decided right then that I didn't like Sirius Black one bit. 

Oh, how things had changed. I closed my eyes and pictured his face. Seeing it so up close, it was even more magnificent. I sat in dreamy silence until I felt the soft padding of Poppy's paws on my leg. I sat up and peered at the clock. 7:12 AM. An idea popped into my head and I leapt out of bed.

When the other girls awoke fully, rubbing the sleep out of their eyes, they slowly began to notice the treats I had laid out for them. Each girl's name was spelled out in spiraling ropes of differing flowers, surrounded by an assortment of breakfast pastries and steaming coffee and tea. "Woah", Skye yawned. "Look at this!", called Amber, throwing a pillow at Maggie, who woke with a start. "Did you do this, Bri?", Liv's voice sounded.

I scooted forward on my bed and smiled, "Maybe". "This is incredible!", said Maggie, now fully awake, a half eaten blueberry scone in hand. "What inspired such a nice gesture?", laughed Liv, who sat stirring her tea. I couldn't contain myself anymore and with a slight giggle I let out, "I have something crazy to tell you all".

****

Author's Note:

Hey y'all! Once again thank you so so much for all the votes, comments, and reads. I appreciate the feedback so much and I love seeing what y'all have to say. I'm gonna try to update as much as possible!

CCC