Chapter 8

Hello, beautiful readers.

I'm super excited to write Tae's character! For those of you who know me, you know that Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book and movie. I just hope I do the character justice.

Enjoy, babies!❤️

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Well, alrighty then

Well, alrighty then...

You puffed out your cheeks in discomfort at the tense atmosphere that filled the large room in which all of you stood.

After Jimin's previous statement, the room had fallen into a heavy silence.

Being the awkward human that you were, you had no idea how you were supposed to handle situations like this. Should you say something? Should you just stay quiet?

You sighed quietly.

This is why you became a librarian...so you wouldn't have to talk to people.

Anyone who dared try and talk to you would either get shushed or get stared down until they left of their own accord.

It was a beautiful thing.

"Is that so?" Jungkook finally spoke, growling out his question.

Your eyes moved to Jimin who, of course, was staring directly at you with intensity in his bright blue eyes.

Geez. It was like these guys were on a mission to make you uncomfortable.

Awkwardly, you cleared you throat, taking a small step forward.

"I don't mean to interrupt," You started quietly, catching everyone's attention. "But, I am just an innocent bystander in all of this and I would really prefer not to be brought into.."

You paused, looking around before motioning between the two royals.

"....whatever this is." You finished.

Jimin raised an eyebrow at you, eyeing your small form for a few brief moments, before his hard gaze fell onto Namjoon.

"Why have you brought these people here?" He spat. "Outsiders are forbidden, you of all people should know this."

The young hunter ran a hand through his dirty blond hair.

"I know." He started hesitantly, his eyes darting around the room. "B-But, they aren't outsiders. Each of them have a story."

You watched as the blond-haired royal arched his perfect eyebrow.

"Everyone?" He breathed, his bright blue eyes slowly falling onto you.

You swallowed hard, suddenly feeling extremely small under his heavy gaze.

Namjoon let out a huff, ruffling his dirty blond hair and placing his hand on his hip as he eyed you.