Watch Me! Watch Me!

(Established relationship)

"So, you haven't been down to see the kids in a while," Clint prompts one day during his visit to the tower, leaning against the kitchen counter casually.

"Uh-huh," Natasha flips her omelet in one smooth motion as she responds. She side-eyes him and he sighs.

"And Laura and I's anniversary is next weekend..."

"I'm busy next weekend," Natasha responds quickly, plating her breakfast with a clearly unapologetic shrug.

"Please Nat," Clint practically begs, looking close to getting on his knees. "You can even bring Wanda — I'm sure the kids would love to see her. Laura and I really need this."

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Natasha sighs, "Fine, but only because I love the little heathens."

"Thank you! You're the best, see you Friday," Clint says, starting to run off before Natasha can change her mind. He pauses momentarily before adding, "Friday morning!"

"Ugh, you owe me!" She calls after him.

_____

It wasn't too hard to convince Wanda to come with — she loves Clint's kids almost as much as Natasha does — plus she needs a break from the chaos of living with the Avengers. So that's how they end up outside of Barton's home, the door flying open before they can even knock. Natasha is expecting Clint to be grinning at her childishly but instead, it's Lila.

"Aunt Nat!" She squeals. The kid promptly throws herself into Natasha's arms like she's not a newly christened teenager. Wanda has to put a hand on Natasha's back to steady the two as they almost tip over. Neither seems to notice. As they pull away, Lila immediately flings herself at Wanda, who's not expecting the hug-attack.

Natasha watches in alarm — and maybe a little amusement — as the two start to fall towards the ground. Imagine Natasha's surprise when red tendrils of light start to surround them, allowing them to hover a few inches above the porch. Lila's mouth is hanging open as they float upright gracefully, landing back on their feet swiftly.

"Aunt Wanda, that is the coolest thing ever!" Lila says, eyes following the red magic as it starts to disappear. Wanda, looking a little frazzled, swats her on the arm.

"You must be careful next time," she insists, only partly serious as Lila grins up at her. No matter, the young girl agrees.

"Lila, how about you bring our guests inside instead of attacking them before they can even enter the house?" Laura calls out, sounding like she's barely managing to conceal her laughter.

"Oh, right. Come on in," Lila says, gesturing to the doorway with a grin. Wanda hesitates, giving Natasha a nervous look. Lila — like the teenager she is — rolls her eyes, taking both of their hands and dragging them into the house. Wanda almost falls on her face but Natasha gracefully steadies her while also kicking the door closed with her foot. Multi-tasking at its finest.

Nathaniel comes toddling over to them immediately, grabbing onto Wanda's ripped jeans to steady himself. He lets go for a moment, raising his hands to her. "Up, please."

Wanda obliges, swinging Nathaniel up onto her hip. He immediately grabs onto her necklace, tugging on it enthusiastically. Giving him a soft smile, Wanda manages to pry her jewelry out of his hands. "Do not touch this, it is easily broken," Wanda warns in the voice she only uses on little kids and animals, her tone light but serious.

Nathaniel pauses to be disappointed before moving on to tugging on Wanda's long hair. She manages to keep it out of his mouth but not his hands, which Wanda is perfectly content with. A warm feeling pools in Natasha's stomach as she watches Wanda interact with the him perfectly.