Arcane

The night was silent with the moon peaking its way through the curtains

Y/N gripped onto Jungkook's shirt tight as she slept peacefully in his arms. His one arm was wrapped around her waist keeping her close while the other caressed her hair strands.

Jungkook was feeling restless as he could not connect the dots that had been set for him. The pattern felt quite unknown but predictable.

He looked at the girl his arms, who slept like nothing less than a baby. A smile crept up on his face as he patted her hair lovingly. The smile soon dropped as he got reminded of her state earlier. The only word he could think for her at the moment was: Fragile.

In the pit of his stomach he had a bad feeling. He had a feeling that what she dreamt might not be a dream but just a flashback of the uneccesarily harsh reality she faced.

Once again Jungkook was blaming himself for everything that had happened to her. Tear drops made its way back down his eyes as he held her tighter.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered

The girl shifted in his embrace as she turned her back to him. He took her back in his embrace as her back hit his chest and his arms wrapped around her waist. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and placed a soft kiss on it. His other hand sneaked under her neck and grasped her shoulder.

He felt a sense of relief to hold her back in his arms after so long.

Suddenly, her screams when he almost raped her due his drunken state, flashed through his mind like a lighting bolt abruptly making its way through the serene clouds. The terrifying memory of her screams and helpless cries flooded his derma with goosebumps.

The devastated face when he forced himself upon her. Each scene still fresh and vivid in his memory as if it was just a sin from yesterday. He held her closer while silent sobs escaped his mouth.

He began to place soft kisses on her head and neck while she shivered in her sleep because of the sudden contact.

He felt his eyelids grow heavy as he fell into deep sleep along with her in his embrace.

****

Baekhyun came back home after a long night of work. He felt his neck muscle cramp from the stress he felt.

A sudden urge to check in his sister took over him. He has been very busy with work and could not meet her for almost 2 days. He went down the corridor and stood infront of her room.

"She must be sleeping.." he mumbled to himself

He quietly twisted the door knob and entered her room. Closing the door slowly his eyes twitched to see another figure on the bed. He quirked up an eyebrow and went closer to check who it was.