Camping

When Principal Nezu had announced that the students would be deciding on a trip, the teachers weren't surprised. After the Kamino Incident and Provisional License Exam, everyone thought a break sounded like a good idea.

The principal had decided camping would be a suitable choice. He gave the students two days to pack their bags, before meeting at the school entrance.  With that, he had sent teachers and students alike on their ways

Jirou was currently waiting patiently for the bus to arrive. Trying to ignore Bakugo's yelling at Midoriya, she plugged one earphone jack into her phone.  She relaxed once she heard her favorite song, humming quietly along. However, a gentle nudge against her shoulder caused her to almost trip.

Turning around, she sighed in relief when she saw Momo standing there. "Hey." Jirou said, unplugging her earphone jack. "How are you?" Jirou shrugged her shoulders and Momo laughed. "I'm fine. Are you excited for the camping trip?"

Momo nodded her head, bouncing on her feet. "I've never been camping before! I mean, during the training camp, it was similar to camping, but not actual camping! We're going to sleep in tents and cook marshmallows and-" Jirou's mind drifted off as she continued listening to Momo.

Momo's onyx eyes seemed to shine even brighter when she was excited. The light blush on her face made her even more beautiful than she already was and-

Jirou's face heated up and she quickly turned her head to the side. It was hard to keep her feelings around Momo under control. She just couldn't deny her crush on the girl. However, admitting her crush was a little more challenging. Taking a deep breath and turning back to Momo with a smile, Jirou hoped camping would distract her.

She honestly wasn't surprised that it didn't help. In fact, it made things worse. 

Once Class 1-A had reached their camping grounds, they unloaded the bus and began setting up. The teachers had brought tents along, but there wasn't enough for each individual student. Meaning that partners were needed.

Mr. Aizawa had paired them up using sticks, and of course, Jirou was partnered with Momo. She didn't mind sharing a tent with Momo, but it was hard not to blush when she thought about it. She would be sleeping with Momo. In a tent. By themselves. Not far apart from each other.

Jirou sighed as she tried to cool down her face. Looking around, she noticed most of her class was around the lake. She tried to find Momo among her fellow classmates, but she couldn't spot her friend's spiky ponytail.

Now where could she be? Jirou began walking towards the lake when she suddenly heard a soft giggle. Turning her head towards the noise, she looked for the source of the sound. Her earphone jacks acted as her guides as she searched around the area.

She found her a minute later, leaning against a large tree and reading a book. Typical Momo, Jirou thought as she smiled. Momo's eyes were completely focused on the book, not at all noticing her friend. Time for revenge for scaring me earlier, Jirou smirked. She slowly sneaked around the tree, where she hid and quietly observed her friend.

When Momo turned the page, Jirou tapped her shoulder. Momo turned around with a yelp, dropping the book. Jirou chuckled and went to pick up the book while Momo pouted. 

"Don't scare me like that!" Momo scowled. "I'm sorry!" Jirou laughed. She knew Momo wasn't really mad at her. Handing the book to Momo, Jirou swore she saw a small blush on Momo's face when their hands brushed. 

Jirou was ready to turn and leave when Momo suddenly grabbed her hand. Turning around, she was confused when Momo patted the ground next to her. When she realized Momo wanted her to sit, Jirou breathed a soft, "oh" and sat down.

Momo's arm brushed against her own and Jirou could feel the warmth radiating from her skin. She blushed for who knows how many times already and sighed. "So, what's up?" Jirou inquired. She peered at Momo's book and saw a dragon on the cover. It was probably a fantasy book; one that seemed quite interesting. "Not too much." Jirou turned back to Momo. "I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet of nature while it lasts." Momo joked.

"Sounds nice." Jirou smiled in understanding. She loved her classmates, but they could get on her nerves. The quietness of the outdoors, away from her classmates, was rather nice. Turning her attention back to Momo, she saw the girl was already back to reading.

"Mind if I join you?" Momo turned towards Jirou. The girl's eyes were focused on Momo, but she could see they were also darting towards her book. Momo gave Jirou a soft smile and nodded. Scooting over, she let Jirou sit beside her and rest her head against Momo's shoulder. Once she was settled in, Momo opened her book and began reading aloud to Jirou.

Jirou laid in her sleeping bag, looking up at the top of the tent. She was having trouble sleeping. Every time she would close her eyes, some noise would wake her back up. On top of that, it was freezing cold, and the sleeping bag wasn't helping.

Jirou groaned and turned over to face Momo. The girl was sleeping, hair splayed out and lips parted slightly. Every so often, Momo would twitch and start mumbling. It was adorable, and Jirou suddenly felt lucky that she had partnered with such an beautiful person.

She was interrupted by the chill that went through her entire body. Groaning, Jirou snuggled further into the bag and covered her head with a pillow. As she attempted to find warmth, she didn't notice her tent buddy turning over.

"Jirou?" Jirou froze when she heard her name. Flipping back over she was greeted by a half-asleep Momo. "What's wrong?" Momo rubbed her eyes and sat on her elbows, looking to Jirou for an answer. "You don't have to fret, Yaomomo. I'll get back to sleep soon." Momo raised an eyebrow when Jirou shivered.

"Come here. We can share my sleeping bag." Momo unzipped her bag, shifting over to make room "Won't that be weird?" Jirou was blushing bright red now, a thousand thoughts running through her head. "It's fine. Besides, letting my friends freeze to death isn't acceptable!" Momo smiled.

Finally giving in, Jirou slowly left her sleeping bag and went over to Momo's. She carefully got in, trying her best to avoid brushing against Momo's legs. Once she was settled in, Momo reached over Jirou and zipped the bag back up. Laying back down, Momo faced Jirou and gave her a small smile. Jirou returned it, before flipping over so her back faced Momo.

She had to admit, Momo's bag was much warmer. Maybe it was because Momo's bag was fluffier? She blushed when she thought about Momo's body heat being the reason. Her urge to cuddle Momo was much stronger now, and she buried her face into the pillow.

However, her wish sorta came true when she felt Momo's arm drape over her side. Jirou turned her head around only to see Momo nuzzle against her. She felt like she was on fire. Momo's body fit perfectly against her, and Jirou wondered if she was spooning her. Was she doing this on purpose, or....?

The sound of soft snores filled the air, and Jirou sighed. Momo was probably hugging her because she was unconscious, since she was in close proximity. Part of her was glad, but she was also disappointed that Momo wasn't awake. She would have loved to have any sign that Momo returned her feelings.

The trapped heat was starting to get to Jirou. She yawned, wiggling to get out of Momo's tight grasp. Turning over, she wrapped her own arms around her friend, snuggling into Momo's collarbone. Nobody could blame her for getting comfortable. It was Momo's fault; the girl was just so warm and comfy. Nobody should be this comfy, Jirou thought as she drifted off.

Outside, the sound of a stick cracking broke the silence.