History Has It

Dedicated to praise__1
*Thank you for your comments and reading thus far* ❤

Blossom's POV

It has been two weeks later and my suspension was finally over. Although I found myself being enthusiastic about my return, I was hesitant on what else were in store for me at PHS.

I walked through the halls like I did on the first day. Two weeks away from this place, felt brand new all over again.

Nina and Sophia saw me almost immediately and break into a run towards me. On reaching, they crushed me into a tight hug.

"O.M.G. You have no idea how much we've missed you," Nina said, wiping at her eyes as if she was actually crying.

"It was like torture without you being here," Sophia added, "Don't ever leave us again."

"I'll really try not to this time around," I told them and we went towards our lockers.

Nina was healthy and was herself again, and she asked about the fight, and I described how it went down, she applauded me.

"Sophia is right. I think it's about time someone stands up to Brooke and give her a taste of her own wrath. And Blossom, you did just that. I'm so proud of you!" Nina broke into a squeal and hugged me again.

"What's your first period?" Sophia asked me when the morning bell rang.

"History."

"With who?"

I took a moment to check my schedule. "Mr. Snagg."

Nina and Sophia had different subjects with me. They followed me to Mr. Snagg's history class before going to their own.

_____________
I sat down in the middle and flipped open the history book on the desk. Other students filed in quickly and so do the teacher.

"Good morning class. Today, we would be continuing our topic from last week," Mr. Snagg begun as he wrote the topic on the board.

'Slavery'.

"Who can tell me what started slavery?" Mr. Snagg asked.

A hand shot up. I looked in its direction and saw that it was Brooke's. And although her head was up, she was looking at me with a smirk on her glossy lips.

"Yes, Brooke," Mr. Snagg said to her.

I watched as she put her hand down and cleared her throat and twirled her hair around her fingers.

"Well, Mr. Snagg. The answer is simple. Black people started slavery," she answered.

There were some gasps from the other students.

"Oh come on Brooke, so you're saying that black people wanted to be treated with whipping, burning, hanging and all those other stuff?" a male student asked her.

"Yes!" Brooke lash out. "In fact, the first slave owner was a black man. Let that sink in for a bit and ask yourselves why my ancestors never went to China or Russia which are also large countries. Why Africa?

I'll tell you why, it's because black people were treating and selling their own black people as slaves. And hence forth, the Europeans joined in and took over.
You can't blame someone for doing something to you that you were doing to yourself!" She finished.

I shook my head at her.

"Actually, I agree with Brooke. As mean as it may sound, research and history have shown that the Europeans bought slaves. But who did the selling?