Chapter 7

Kirito POV:

Leafa soon begins to explain the world tree to us.

"So the world tree is the grand quest of ALO, its one that everyone wants to try but no one has completed." Leafa explains.

"So it's like a century quest then?" Erza says with her hand on her chin.

"Um I guess, although I don't know what you mean." Leafa says rubbing her head. "Anyway the reward for the grand quest is amazing, it's why everyone wants to try it. Unfortunately no one has yet, people have tried but they never manage to complete it."

"What's the reward?" Natsu asks.

"You know with our wings? Well when they are sparkly we are able to fly with them, it's not permanent however. No one is able to fly for more than ten minutes straight, which is why everyone wants the reward of the grand quest. The first race that makes it to the city at the top of the World Tree receive an audience with Oberon the Fairy King, and he will change them into Alfs. Those are the top ranked species in the game, with this change they are then able to fly for as long as they want to!" Leafa says with excitement. "It's why all the races want to reach the top, the power to have infinite flight."

I stare at her wide eyed, infinite flight? That sounds pretty cool.

"So how do you reach the top?" Asuna asks.

"Inside the tree roots there is a giant dome, if you can make it to the top of the dome you and reach the top of the tree. However there is an army of NPC's that guard the dome, and they are amazingly strong. That's why no one has ever managed to get to the top, no one is able to beat them because they keep re-spawning. It's the salamander race however that's pushing the hardest to reach the top right now, they're trying to reach the top by increasing their magic power. By using that then they should be able to reach the top." Leafa says finally taking a bite of a roll.

"Come on! Someone must be able to get to the top of the tree, how long has this game been running now?!" Natsu yells.

"Jeez calm down, the game has been running for a year." Leafa explains. "Besides everyone is starting to think that the quest is unbeatable."

"How come?" Asuna questions.

"People seem to think that we've missed some key quest and that's why no race is able to reach the top alone, but in reality that just goes against the quest it's self." Leafa says with a sigh.

"I can see why." Kiko says. "If only one race is able to get the reward, why would another race help if they won't get the reward."

"Man that kid's smart." Leafa says looking at Kiko with a shocked face.

"She gets it from her mom." Asuna says with a warm smile.

"But honestly guy's you should just give up on the world tree, it might even take hundreds of years to...." Leafa starts but is cut off by Natsu slamming his hands on the table.

"THAT'S TOO LONG!" He yells.

Everyone flinches and then stares at him, I can just imagine the steam coming off him IRL.

"I'm sorry Leafa, but there is someone that we're trying to find. It's hard to explain..." Natsu says and looks down at Kiko who places a hand on Natsu's arm.

"Listen thank you for all the information Leafa, this has helped us a lot." I say standing up, the others following me.

Leafa looks at us stunned. "Wait your going to the World tree right? That's too reckless, it's really far away and there are lots of powerful monsters on the way there!" She yells getting our attention.