⁰³, A HOGSMEADE BARTENDER?

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter three; A Hogsmeade Bartender?
" Yeah, unless you have a date planned with Potter. "

  JAMES POTTER HADN'T seen Lily Evans since December ninth, but this didn't mean he hadn't thought about her

  JAMES POTTER HADN'T seen Lily Evans since December ninth, but this didn't mean he hadn't thought about her. He actually hadn't stopped thinking about her, but suddenly he had something else to think about.

  And, because James only ever knew extremes and the deepest parts of his heart had been longing for a distraction, the mystery chess-playing girl had consumed him.

  "Alright, mates," James announced, slapping two shreds of paper onto one of the shared desks in the Marauders dorm. "We have a mystery to solve."

  "Now that you need our help you want to share?" Sirius asked indignantly, his arms crossed tightly as he stared out of a singular window.

  "It's a girl," James said, which made Sirius snap his attention up. Remus raised an interested brow, while Peter scooted to the edge of his bed, "We've got to figure out who she is."

  "If we'd just waited to let Filch nick the map, this would be easier," Remus stated almost boredly, staring a hole through James.

  "I didn't think we'd be doing anything for the rest of the year," James defended, making Remus falter in his stale state, "Look, we acted before the map, we can do this after."

  "I'm in, mate," Sirius said, jumping from his seat. He had a lopsided grin as he clapped a hand on James' shoulder, shaking his best friend slightly, "You've inspired me."

  "So?" James asked, "Just Pads and I?"

  "I'll help," Peter quickly agreed, "D'ya think she's pretty?"

  "Focus, Wormtail," Sirius said, pointing, "Probably."

  "Well you'd never get anything done by yourselves," Remus mumbled in response to James' patient stare, "I assume you've already hatched a plan."

  "Why are you saying that like it's a bad thing?"

  "Okay, seriously, what's wrong?" 

  "Do you ever wonder why Evans broke up with James?"

  Dottie raised a brow at Salem's blunt question. The redhead was sturring their potion slowly, but her eyes were glued to the clump of Marauders in a far corner.

  "No," The raven-haired girl responded, absent-mindedly smoothing the top of her ponytail, "Everyone heard her— gave bloody Moaning Myrtle a run for her money."

  "They shouted at each other for five minutes, but there had to be a reason, right?" Salem proposed, turning to her friend, "I mean, they were practically the golden couple of the whole school. Must be torture being Head Boy and Girl now."