Chapter Six

After a talk and a quick nap in Takuto's office, Ren was making his way back to his dorm room. He came to the conclusion that he should at least tell Ryuji about his sexuality, yet that was enough to make his stomach churn.

    "You'll be fine Ren..." he told himself, "if anything goes wrong, you can always change your name and move to France! Mummy's friend lives in France, right? I can work at her fashion studio and pretend I never made a fool of myself!"

    "I don't know, you sure are making a fool of yourself now."

    Ren frowned. Behind him stood sweet lil' Futaba Sakura with her evil grin.

    "Nice to see you too, gremlin." Ren said sarcastically.

    "Whatever, cherry."

    "Where'd you hear that?!"

    "Anywayyy~!" Futaba ignored Ren's distress, "I'm gonna be here all week with the Gifted Group for the game! You going?"

    "Yes, unfortunately..."

    Ren explained his sorrowful situation to Futaba as they walked toward the dorm. While the girl kept making sarcastic remarks, Ren knew she really did care. She was like a little sister to him.

    "Well, it sounds to me that if Ryuji's that much of a dumbass, you're better off picking another romance option. How about Inari!" Futaba said after.

    "No, Yusuke's sweet but I'm pretty sure he's aromantic." Ren blushed. "Besides, Ryuji's cute when he does dumb things. His heart's always in the right place and he's always putting up with my imperfections... and I put up with his."

    "That's gay." Futaba said.

    "Shut up, you're gay!"

    "Am not!"

    "I've seen the wallpaper on your laptop."

    Futaba shoved Ren and he shoved back, both of them laughing.

    "Well, I should get going before dad realizes I sneaked away. Later, cherry!" Futaba said as she skipped away.

    "Yeah, yeah, gremlin!"

    Ren rolled his eyes. Futaba was a handful just like all the other kids in the Gifted Group. Ren was just about head up the steps to the dorm building when he heard something from the flowerbeds.

    "Mrroowww..."

    Ren sat on his knees before the plants, leaning forward a little.

    "Mrrooww!!"

    "Ah!" Ren sat back when a small black and white cat jumped out at him. "Oh! A kitty!"

    The cat was about to wander away but Ren quickly scooped him up. In response, the cat yowled and squirmed around. Ren cradled the little monster and rubbed his belly.

    "Who's your owner, huh? Let's see..."

    The cat wore a simple yellow collar with a name scribbled on it:

    'Morgana'

    "No address... c'mon, I'll help you out. Are you thirsty?" Ren stood up and Morgana tried to scratch him. "You're not very nice, huh?" he frowned.

    Ren made his way up to the room, despite the cat squirming around and screeching at him. Finally inside, Ren put Morgana down and shut the door to keep him from running away. That was when Morgana just started meowing nonstop.

    "Mroooww! Mroooww! Mroooww!"

   "Shut up already!" Ren went and poured some milk in a bowl. "What are you, in heat? I don't get any action yet you don't hear me whining!"