Date Me

A week had passed and Hitoshi was doing the science lab with [Y/N]. During the entire time, the lab kept reminding him of his gift that he had created for her. He was going to present it to her when he was totally convinced that she loved him. She was going to love the gift and just thinking about it made him want to burst with excitement.

     Once again, they did really well on the lab and while they were doing it, [Y/N] would just glow with happiness that he could barely take his eyes off of her. Her lips parted in awe and she was practically radiating excitement everywhere. It was a sight he hoped to keep in his mind forever.

     Today was the day. He could no longer hold it off any longer. A whole week since they kissed and he was scared out of his mind. [Y/N] had said that she liked him, but did that mean she wanted to be the girlfriend? That was what he was going to find out today. And now that they were in the same spot under the same tree to each lunch, it was about damn time.

     He sat down beside her and in the familiar fashion, they took out their lunches and started to eat. Thinking of the right time to say anything, he waited patiently while his heart hammered.

     "Are you going to eat?" the girl he loved asked her, pointingly looking down at his untouched food.

     "Not yet," he said with a smile. "I just have question to ask you before I do so."

     "What is it?" she responded, oblivious at what he was about to say.

     He looked down and his purple bangs covered his eyes. "You know what happened last week? Of us.....kissing and confessing that we like each other?" he muttered. She dropped her sandwich at the mention of last week and stared at him with wide eyes. He took a deep breath. "I wanted to ask this since then but I didn't know how. So here it is. Will you date me?"

     Hitoshi looked up to see that she froze. She stared at him with uncertain eyes and she gulped. "I still don't understand what you see in me. Later on you'll find a better girl than me."

     His eyes suddenly flared up. "How can you say that?! I already told you the reason why I liked you a million times. I have never laid my eyes on any other girl besides you," he snapped. He calmed down and in a raw voice he continued. "You have no clue how crazy I go when I see you [Y/N]. I don't just like you...I had already fallen for you. Over and over again and deeper and deeper."

     "I'm scared to get hurt again," she whimpered. "I like you a lot, but things will happen. Things always happen, just like what happened to my dad."

     He clamped his hands over her hands and held it tightly. "I won't go anywhere. I will always be beside you, no matter what. Your father must've loved you a lot and even now, he still loves you. He's watching from heaven and he's protecting you."

     She took a staggering breath and nodded and leaned into him. His heart jumped at the unexpected contact, but he kept his cool as he softly tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

     "Yes," she muffledly said. "I will date you."

     "Y-you will?!" he gaped, not believing his ears. His dream was actually coming true! Everything he ever wanted was happening. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I....love you so much." Before he could stop himself, he reached down at where [Y/N] was leaning on him and pressed his lips on her head. Blood rushed into her face and she embarrassedly looked away. He grinned at her; she was the cutest thing ever.

     "I don't think if I can those words to you yet, but at this rate, I probably can real soon," she mumbled. Hitoshi blinked in confusion, but realized that when she said 'those words' she had meant 'I love you'.

     Next step in his goal; get her to fall so deep in love with him that she could never crawl back up to the surface.