2k51-2k60

Long Siye knew them well. If they had Gu Xijiu in their hands, she would be tortured to the maximum extent, if not killed, especially since she had thoroughly offended all four of them. He believed that they would seize the opportunity to get rid of her. However, there was nothing he could do, even though he could already foresee the consequences. His power and strength were too weak to protect her.

"Instructor Long, don't worry about me. Let me go with them," Gu Xijiu offered weakly. She did not want to get her friend into trouble. Moreover, Long Siye would not be able to stop them from taking her away. If he insisted on defending her, he would most probably lose his career or even his life.

Under current circumstances, she knew that she would not be able to get away from them anymore. Nonetheless, she was intrigued by the fact that they returned. Why would they turn back so suddenly? Did someone divulge the severity of her injuries to them?

Long Siye looked utterly helpless. Without leaving her side, he tried to make another offer, "In that case, let me take her to back to the emperor."

Tie Zheng was impatient. "You? Who do you think you are? Your relationship with her has yet to be determined. Just now, you even stood up for her, which makes you one of her accomplices. Leave! If you refuse, I shall bring this matter to a close in the harshest way possible."

Armed, the other two guardians surrounded them in a siege. All of a sudden, someone from afar spoke contemptuously, "If I am going to be her witness, does that make me one of the accomplices?"

In search of the voice, the three guardians looked up curiously. Gu Xijiu was half lying on Lu Wu's body as support at that very moment. The sudden sound caused quite a stir to her, for she recognized it. It was Di Fuyi! She looked up, too, and saw Di Fuyi floating in the air, on the back Bai Ze. He dressed entirely in white, which was rarely seen.

The color of the white robes was comparable to that of the clouds. He used a hairband to secure his hair, decorated with a purple gem. The gemstone shimmered brightly, like the glistening sunlight. He was not wearing a mask this time. His eyes swept across the scene as he caught a glimpse of Gu Xijiu before giving Tie Zheng his full attention. "Eldest guardian, do you know who I am?"

All three of them had never seen the adult Shen Nianmo, so they could not recognize him. However, they had seen Bai Ze before. Bai Ze was the only majestic being of its kind who resided in the residence of the Divine Lord. Who else could he be, if he was entitled to make Bai Ze his ride? He must be the son of the Divine Couple- Shen Nianmo.

Even the Emperor Immortal had to greet him. Therefore, the three Guardians had no choice but to suppress their arrogant, warlike behavior.

"Are... Are you Prince Nianmo? We hereby bow before you." Swiftly, all three of them were on their knees.

Di Fuyi answered in a mocking tone, "Why do you bow? I am here to be the woman's witness, in other words, her accomplice. I offer myself to be a convict that you so wishfully care to detain. Would you like to cuff me as well?"

Anxiously, Tie Zheng stammered. "I dare not! I dare not at all! You must be kidding."

Di Fuyi gave him a warm smile, as warm as the gentle spring breeze. "Do you think that I am here to joke?" Intimidated, the three men kept kneeling and bowing their heads. They dared not utter another word.

Di Fuyi continued with an icy tone, "You have misused your authority to wrong an innocent being. You have even taken advantage of your power to bully others in their perilous state. I once thought that the four Great Guardians were fairly good men. Now, I realize that I was obviously wrong."

Tie Zheng was determined to defend their action. "My prince, there is something you are not aware of. Although the mussel is not the prime suspect, it has indeed killed three Senior Immortals and their majestic beings. It is not entirely innocent."