Chapter 15

Hellllllloooooooo! How you is?

Lol I'm kidding. But anyways, this is kind of a filler chapter. I have big plans for this book and they are coming along slowly! But hey, great work takes time.

I love you my loverlies!!! ^_^

***********************************************************************

Liam's P.O.V.

I paced in the lobby as Nicole was in surgery.

Looking down at my hands I realized that I still had her blood on my hands, and on my shirt from carrying her. There were dried tears on my face and no doubt I looked like a maniac.

Her mom and dad came running into the lobby screaming.

"Where is my daughter?! What happened??" Her dad screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Peter," I sobbed. "It was Peter."

"Where is that bastard," he muttered, eyes darkening with anger and sadness.

I sat down, burying my head in my hands. Why did Nicky have to go through so much pain? I caused her every inch if it.

That's how it felt anyway.

"Where is Nicky?!" Alyssa screamed, running into the lobby.

The bitch had some nerve.

"Why are you even here Alyssa? You never even gave a damn about her!" I screamed, surprising even myself.

She stopped in her tracks, her eyes red from crying.

"Because she's my best friend," she whispered so low I barely heard her.

Soon the whole entire pack was at the hospital acting like they cared. No one cared about Nicky. In the pack, it only mattered about the ones who were born there. The ones who have been there their whole lives. Nicky always told me how she felt like an outsider in her own house.

I'm gonna take her away from this terrible place. I'm going to kill Peter and then I'm going to take her away and protect her from everything.

Just the two of us; nothing else would matter. I loved her.

She was going to make it through this, and never again will she be hurt. I will keep her safe from all harm.

Please be okay Nicky. I would die if you die.

**

Nicky's P.O.V.

Everything was white.

Just a pure white.

I was floating and everything was beautiful..so peaceful.

Where was I? I don't even know. All I know is that I felt as ease, like nothing else mattered except me. Like nothing bad was ever going to happen again and I was finally away from everything that was harmful.

But then I woke up.

Again, I was in a hospital room and covered by thick warm blankets; machines hooked up to me.

A doctor came in with a clip board.

"Good morning sleepy head!" He said, a little too loud.

"Hi,"I said weakly.

"You know how lucky you are to be here right now?" He replied seriously.

I just looked at him. Not really knowing what happened.

"You were shot. Right in the chest, almost hitting your heart but missing it by a few inches. You've been asleep for about two days, hooked up to an IV so your not dehydrated. Your going to feel a little bit lousy, and have chest pains, but we are going to make you as comfortable as possible," the doctor established, writing on his clipboard and checking my IV. "You are on lucky duck. You healed as soon as we got the bullet out. You are a living miracle."

He walked out, and I sat there in shock. Perks of being a werewolf!

"Nicky!" Liam all but yelled as he came into my hospital room and hugging me tightly.

"Liam-can't....breath," I tried to get out.

"Oh right," he said, unleahing me from his death grip.

"I just love you so much," he said, giving me a kiss on this lips. "And I also have a suprise for you."

"What?" I asked, smiling.

"As soon as you get better, I'm taking you away. Somewhere safe and beautiful," he said smiling.

My face fell.

"What do you mean Liam?" I asked.

"I have almost lost you so many times. You have gotten hurt so many times and I can't stand it. Having to wait in the waiting room, not knowing if your gonna pull through and make it. And I get this pain in my chest, that just won't go away. I am your mate and it's my duty to protect you and this is the only way," he said, taking ahold of my hand.

"But Liam...my family," I said, sitting up with a frown on my face.

"But I have to protect you," he said sadly.

"Taking me away from them will only hurt me more," I said, pulling my hand from his.

He looked at me almost as if I had rejected him, the look on his face killing me.

"But Nicky," he said.

"I'm not going with you," I said sternly.

He looked at me, with this look that I had never seen upon his face before. It showed pain, rejection and hate. But what hurt the most was that I think it was pointed towards me. I couldn't handle it.

"Liam! Say something!" I said, reaching out for his arm, but he pulled away from me.

A tear fell down my face, my heart hurting.

"If you won't come with me, then I don't know what I'm supposed to do to keep you safe," he whispered, his eyes darkening.

"Why are you acting like this?" I asked, in shock.

"Goodbye Nicky," was all he said before walking out of my room.

"Liam," I cried, trying to get up but failing because of all the wires hooked up to me.

Tears fell down my face in an endless pour and I just sat there, wheezing and feeling a hole in my chest.

*****************************************************************************************************

Alright, Liam is acting a bit weird I know, but some things are gonna happen and in the next chapter there will be some new characters introduced! So be excited for that!

And please comment. I really want to know y'alls thoughts and how you feel about the book.

Vote too!

Whitni <3