Chapter 7

Barely slipping out of consciousness, I barely recognize that I'm being carried.

An arm is wrapped under my knees, and another supports my back as I'm pressed to a chest.

I softly hum and bury myself deeper into the warm feeling, falling back into sleep.

———

I yawn and open my eyes, sunlight making them close again.

I groan and give them time to adjust to the sudden light. While it does so, I hear the soft sound of birds chirping outside, and the warm comforter sheets around me.

Opening my eyes again, I realize I'm in an unfamiliar room, and in someone's bed.

I quickly sit up and look around.

I hear a chuckle next to me, and see Malik sitting on a couch.

"What?" I sneer.

"You always have the same reaction when you wake up in a random room. It's amusing." Malik laughs.

"Well I've been doing a lot of that lately, and I would appreciate it if it no longer happened." I scowl.

Malik just keeps smiling.

Why was this guy so happy all the time? Honestly. It's weird.

"Get used to it. I don't think Moretti is going to let you leave anytime soon."

I growl and get up and out of the bed. "He can't control me."

Malik just stands up and shrugs. "Okay babe. Whatever you say."

He makes his way out of the room. He stops in the door way, and looks at me. "Do you want breakfast?"

I'm taken aback. "I thought you guys would lock me up in this room or something."

Malik grimaces. "We aren't monsters, despite what the rumors say about us." And then leaves the room.

I narrow my eyes in confusion, but follow Malik out of the room nonetheless.

"Boo!" Malik jumpscares me and I scream and take a few steps back.

"What the fuck, Malik?" I gasp for air.

He shakes his head in amusement. "Sorry."

"No you're not."

"That is correct. Now let's go get waffles from Luca." He beckons me, and I cautiously begin to follow him again.

This place is ginormous. We walk down a long hall before walking down a really nice staircase. Then we walked into another long hall, that eventually led to the kitchen.

This place was going to be a pain to get around.

The kitchen took me aback by surprise. It was easily triple the size of my pack house one back in Ohio. It wasn't modern and white like what I was used too, but a dark wooden, Victorian style.

I see a short man with blonde fluffy hair mix something in a bowl. He was wearing an oversized maroon short sleeved shirt, and some shorts.

He must've felt presence in the room, because this guy turned and looked at me, with quite a bored expression.

His dark blue eyes examined me up and down, before he looked at Malik.

Suddenly, it's like he never had this apathetic personality.

A huge smile grew from ear to ear as he launched himself at Malik.

Malik easily caught his small 5'4" figure due to being barely over six foot.