Thirty Nine.

Another chapter for y'all. I'm just going to say this, and I say this a lot, but for real, for real, gone head and buckle up.

Enjoy...

Dave's POV

"It's been a while since I've seen you two last. How have you all been?" Iyanla, the therapist, asked Faith and I. We sat on the opposite ends of the couch, facing her.

"I'm doing aight." I nodded.

"I'm hanging in there." Faith said.

"I'm glad you two came back to see me. We're finally doing the couples session. How long have we been trying to do this? Three, four years?" She asked.

"Yeah that sounds about right." I said.

"Alright so tell me what's been going on. What made you guys finally come and see me together?" She sat back and waited for one of us to say something.

"We're back together, Dave has a baby on the way, and I'm not the one carrying it." Faith said with crossed arms.

"I ain't cheat. This happened when we were broken up and I just found out last week." I said before she started to assume anything.

"I see." Iyanla looked shocked to hear all of that. "Open your arms, Miss. Faith. Right now it looks like you're not open to have this conversation."

"I'm honestly not, but I'll do it for you." Faith said uncrossing her arms to sit them in her lap.

Iyanla looked at her for a minute, analyzing her. "We're going to dive into all that emotion in a minute, but since finding out about the pregnancy, what have the two of you been doing?"

"What do you mean?" Faith asked.

"Do you continue on with your days as if nothing has happened, are you arguing-"

"We're not talking. Well I am. She's not talking to me." I said pointing at Faith.

"Are you two still together?" Iyanla looked at us strangely.

"Yep." Faith responded.

"So you two haven't talked in a week and are still together. Am I right?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Okay. Just making sure we're all on the same page. What else?" She laughed.

"Nothin. I've had the kids this week and they'd call her everyday and talk with her but as far as us nothin else has happened."

"Alright well fill me in on this new woman." Iyanla said.

"Old. She's an ex." I said, correcting her.

"Old. My bad. Well tell me about your relationship with her."

"We got together about eight or nine months ago, but I had been kicking it with her for about four months prior." I started at the beginning. "We got together and she was real cool, but when I saw Faith a couple months ago at the airport, I got this feeling. I wanted her back, but that wasn't what she wanted. She was in a whole new relationship-"

"It wasn't a relationship. I don't know why he continues to say that." Faith interrupted me and told Iyanla.

"Whatever it was, she ain't want to leave it." I said rolling my eyes.

"So with this ex, there was obviously intimacy. Did you use protection?"

"I can answer that. No he didn't. He has a history of doing that with the women he's with." Faith said.