THIRTY

A/N: im a bad im sorry

A/N: im a bad im sorry. also be prepared for a new chapter of Hotter Than Hell I am updating FINALLY

Rosie and I walked passed elegant shops with items that we would probably never afford. The windows were pristine and luxurious, displaying all the rich shoppers inside. 

"I have no idea what colour dress I want." Rosie told me, but I wasn't really listening.

"I want a big, puffy ball gown." I signed, fantasising myself as a princess. My large sparkling gown brushing the floor as I elegantly walked down a large set of stairs, with Sebastian waiting for me down the bottom in a suit.

"Hello? Anyone in there?" Rosie teased, knocking on my head. I laughed and slapped her hands away.

Our school formal was coming up fast and with all the craziness lately, we'd completely forgot about it. It was our last year of high school and instead of celebrating we'd been too busy dealing with petty drama. Rosie and I decided that it was time to celebrate and treat ourselves, even if my bank account wouldn't be too happy with me.

Rosie and I walked into a gorgeous dress shop. It had marble floors, a high ceiling and a large crystal chandelier. It was as if the place knew we didn't belong. Everyone's eyes turned to us and the employees started whispering. Rosie and I wore casual clothes while others wore fancy dresses with pearls adorning their necks.

We walked around the shop looking at all the formal dresses, yet there was still a sinning feeling in my stomach. We were being judged.

"Can I help you?" asked one of the shop attendants. "The mall is just across the street."

"What is this? Pretty Women?" Rosie scoffed.

"Sorry?" Asked the older lady.

"You kick us out of your store because of how we're dressed, but it turns out daddy gave me his credit card, so we end spending huge amounts of money at another store and you lose commission." Rosie smiled after she finished.

"I'm sorry-" the lady began but Rosie cut her off.

"You should be. We'll be going now," she said before grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the store. Once we were far away enough we both started giggling.

"That was badass Rosie Faye."

"I think Theo is rubbing off on me," she spoke, scrunching up her eyebrows.

"He could be rubbing on you."

She shoved me very hard.

We continued to walk past all the expensive shops until I suddenly froze. Rosie tumbled backwards as our arms were linked.

A vibrant red ball gown shone in the display window of a small, yet elegant shop. Rosie tried to tug on my arm to try and get me out of my daze until she finally realised what had me starstruck.

"That's it. That's the one," she spoke, just as amazed as I was. All I could do was nod in response. 

"You're getting it. Come on." she said, dragging me into the shop.

"How can I help you girls?" A polite old lady asked with a smile. She was kind, making it seem all the more convincing that the dress in the window was suppose to be mine.

"We'd like to try on the dress in the window." Rosie spoke for me, as I was still gobsmacked at such beauty.

"Of course! What size?"

I didn't answer until Rosie nudged me." 12," I rushed out. (12 in Australian size is about a 8 in US).

The little lady scurried off to grab the dress in my style. I was nervous about the price. A dress that beautiful couldn't be within my price range, on top of shoes, a clutch and jewellery that I still needed to buy.

It didn't take too long for the kind lady to hurry back with the dress. Her and Rosie shoved me into the dressing room and shut the door behind me. I took a deep breath before taking out the price tag from inside the dress. I winced quietly when I saw the three numbers on the tag. It was pricey, but if I budgeted correctly, I'd be able to afford it.

I shimmied into the dress.

I felt like a princess.

The dress hugged my body in all the right ways. it accentuated all my curves while hiding everything that nobody needed to see. The vibrant red made my pale skin glow in contrast. It was everything I wanted and more. I almost couldn't pull my eyes away from the mirror.

Rosie banged loudly on the fitting room door. "Come on! Open up! We want to see!" she demanded. It sounded as if she was going to rip the door off its hinges. She was more excited than I was.

I swung the door back, revealing Rosie and the little lady's smiling faces. Rosie's mouth dropped so low I feared it would stay open for ever.

"If I wasn't straight I'd kiss you right now." Rosie said, earning a questioning look from the shop keeper. I went bright red.

"I'll give you two girls a moment," she said as Rosie guided me to the platform. The dress swayed with every step I took, making me love it even more.

"You look beautiful Maizie." Rosie spoke softly, coming up behind me.

I smiled, looking down towards my hands. I looked down to the ring Caylee and Rosie had given me for my birthday. I thought long and hard. was I suppose to wear this ring? Caylee and I weren't friends any more but Rosie and I were closer than ever. I was conflicted.

"Why don't we get a new one?" Rosie interrupted my thoughts. She must've noticed me staring at the ring.

"What?" I questioned softly.

"Yeah! We can return it and pick one together!"

"Are you sure," I questioned feeling guilty.

"Yeah! Caylee never paid me back for her half anyway."

I scrunched up my eyebrows. she didn't pay Rosie back? I guess she really was a fake friend.

"Let's get matching! I'll pay for yours!" I exclaimed. Rosie's face grew bright with a smile.

"How'd you girls go?" The little old lady asked, returning.

"We'll take it," I said confidently.

"Great choice," she agreed. "It's the last one in your size so I'll take a little bit off the price for you."

My smile was so wide it hurt my face. "thank you!" I exclaimed, resisting the urge to hug the tiny woman.

I raced inside the dressing room, removing the dress as quickly but gently as possible. The lady had rung up the dress for me so as soon as I left the fitting room, all I had to do was pay. The price was even more manageable than before, giving me more room for Rosie's ring. 

We skipped out of the store with a very large dress bag hanging over my shoulder. We giggled as we passed the store that had lost our money, making sure the shop attendant heard and saw us as we walked by.

We reached the jewellers, quickly making our way over to the display that held all the rings. We decided we wanted something simple and elegant. We quickly decided on a ring with a tiny elephant on it, to bring us good luck and a greater friendship.

Because a good friend by my side is what I needed to help me get threw the next two weeks.