Chapter 21

Taehyung and Jungkook had been crawling through the shafts for a couple of minutes now and the longer it got on the more Taehyung started to hate it. The blonde had never been fond of small rooms but this was something else, something much more worse. He could only move forward or backwards and there was literally no way to escape at all. His knees and hands started to hurt from the sharp metal they had been crawling on and his back hurt from being in the same position for too long. Besides that, fear about getting caught constantly swarmed his mind. Taehyung had never been a rule breaker and what they were doing right now was a whole lot more than breaking some rules. They were trying to escape a freaking prison. They weren't just breaking some rules, they were going against the whole law system and it freaked Taehyung out completely. To make a long story short Taehyung despised every little bit of whatever it was Jungkook had dragged him in, but there was no way of backing out anymore.

"Won't they know that we've escaped by now?" Taehyung whispered towards Jungkook, who was crawling a little in front of him.

"No, they won't. I've sabotaged the security cameras a little while ago. I've put a chip in the one at the laundry room and one of my guys is being able to control all of them that way. They won't know that we've escaped until they come to check on us and find us missing." Jungkook answered back while he crawled further, making a sharp turn towards the left. Taehyung frowned his eyes a little suddenly remembering that one particular day in the laundry room where he had spied upon Jungkook. He had indeed seen the younger while he put something inside one of the camera's, but he never would have guessed that it all had been part of a plan that was going to take place weeks later. Taehyung himself had already forgotten about the whole event, but now that he came to think about it all Jungkook's weird phone calls and actions suddenly made sense. The boy who had given him something under the table at visiting day, the crying boy that wasn't fast enough with his work, the phone calls with the random words. They all had been part of his escape plan and Taehyung had been completely oblivious to the whole thing while it was happening right under his nose. Jungkook had prepared everything in detail and Taehyung had been the lost puppy that thought that Jungkook was just acting weird. "Those guys that came to visit you, are they part of this whole plan too?"

A soft laugh emerged from Jungkook's mouth. "Yes, they are. They won't know that you're coming with me though so that's gonna be a little surprise for them." Jungkook kept crawling, making some turns on his way while Taehyung followed him slowly.

After six more turns Jungkook suddenly came to a halt. "We need to be quiet for the next part. Make sure that there's as less sound as possible. We're gonna crawl above the guard's office next."

Taehyung gave Jungkook a short nod that the younger wasn't able to see and they slowly crawled further. Taehyung's heart raced in his chest and the fear of getting caught increased even more. They could literally hear the guards beneath them and the slightest sound would give them away and get them caught in an instant. Both of them were risking their lives right now and Taehyung hated it more than anything. The beatings were nothing compared to the anxiety he felt right now.

With slow and soft movements the two boys kept crawling through the shaft without any communication. Taehyung could only put all his trust in the younger boy before him and hope that whatever it was he was doing was going to end well. As if on cue Jungkook took another sharp turn to the left. Taehyung followed the boy once again, this time into a shaft that had a small slope upwards.

Jungkook turned his head a little. "Watch it, it can be a little slippery. Use the soles of your shoes to hold your grip." Taehyung gave Jungkook a small nod and with a little trial and error both boys were able to get up the slope without falling down. "At the end of this part there will be a opening that gets us on the roof. We're almost there Tae."