Chapter twelve

"Mama"I hear a whisper in my ears

I groan and turn away from the sound.

"Mama wake up"another voice giggled.

"I don't want to"I mumble pouting with my eyes still closed.

"Come on Mama, Aunty Mi na is waiting for us"

"Mi na is probably sleeping like a normal person"I mumble again but manage to open my eyes only to see my twins staring at me.

I look at clock on my bedside table to see the time to see it's 6am. I was training until 2am so I didn't get any sleep until 3am.

Facing my twins I say "you know when you guys are teenagers you would regret not sleeping in"

Off course the ignore me and start laughing pointing at my blond hair.

"Mama has big hair"my son says to my daughter making her break in to a fit of laughter.

"Mama is tired and would love for you guys to sleep in"I mumble to myself.

I sigh sitting up and dragging my twins to my lap before attacking them with kisses and tickling them.

"Mama stop--stooooop"the laugh out trying to get away from me.

When I see their faces turn red, I decided to give them mercy and get up for my beautiful bed and I look back longingly. Carrying one twin on my chest and the other on my back, I take them to the kitchen.

"So, what do we want for breakfast?"I ask as I place each one on their stool.

"Pancake pancake"they yell.

"Mmm say what? Can't hear you?"I say dramatically cupping my ears promoting them to yell louder.

"Alright jeez. No need to yell"I grin.

"Can I have chocolate chip and strawberry with mine?"my daughter Lily asks

My son Cameron yells "can I have chocolate and"he stops to think before saying "ice cream?"

Lily looks at Cameron like he is a genius "me too Mama"

"It's too early to eat ice cream so I could give you guys whipped cream instead"

They pout crossing their arms before glaring at me like I'm the enemy. Perhaps I am.

There isn't a day I don't think about telling their father about them. It's so unfair to keep them away from the father. I know how much my father meant to me. Before he disappeared, I had the best relationship with him. I want that for my children but I'm afraid, even with my powers and my strength. I'm afraid that he would reject them like he did to me. Without even thinking about it. I don't want that for my children. I don't want my children to know that their father doesn't want them. I know how it feels for that one persons who is supposed to be yours and love you unconditionally to reject you like your a piece of dirt.

Like everyday, I convince myself that I'm doing the right thing.

They look like their father a lot. They have his dark hair, his tan skin, glare and smile. How can I not think about him everyday when it seems like I'm staring at him everyday.

I will tell them the truth about their father and when they reach a age where they are old enough to decide what they want to do, they have my blessing to contact him. However right now, they are mine and my responsibility. It's my duty to protect them from pain that might be caused if they find out their father wants nothing to do with them.

"Mama can we watch cartoons while we eat"

I look at both my kids giving me a puppy eye. Damn it, they know I got in for the puppy eye, I barely make it out alive. I hate being the bad cop sometimes but I have to or they would just walk over me and my good cop would just allow it.