chapter ten

"He acts so differently around you," Rex says with his eyes focused on the road

"He acts so differently around you," Rex says with his eyes focused on the road. "He's happier, smiling which is weird." 

"Yeah. He has his days."

"How do you feel about him?" Taylor asks.

"He's cool."

"So you'll be staying with him?" Rex asks.

"Yeah. I don't want my dads to see the bruises just yet." I was an awful daughter for not going to them about this but I just didn't want them to see me with dark purple bruises covering my cheek and around my eyes.

"Okay. If he hurts you call one of us."

"I'm pretty sure he won't and if he does I will."

We got to the twin's house and I ran into Kylie's room.

She was a mess. Her eyes were swollen, her eyes were really red. Basically identical to my current features as well.

"Kylie." I whispered and she jumped up.

"Brynn." She said and got up and went to hug me.

"Gentle. She has bruises." Rex warner her.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered. "Are you okay?

I nod my head, not wanting to say much. I know she feels guilty, I would too. We have the whole we protect each other thing, especially when going to parties. It's not her fault for having fun.

"I didn't know. I turned around and you were gone."

"You were drunk." I pointed out.

"I don't care if I was drunk or not. I could've-- I don't know dude." She starts crying again. "I hate him, I want to kill him so badly." I teared up trying my best to not replay anything from last night.

"So do I."

"I love you Brynn, I wish I could take all of this pain from you."

"It's fine. I'll be okay." We jumped when we heard a door slam.

"Kyle." Rex said.

"Do you know where she's staying? I need to see her." Kyle's voice boomed through the whole house. You can tell that's he is angry.

"I'm right here." I moved so he can see me. His face soften. He ran over and hugged me gently.

"You're okay?" He asks me.

"I'm okay."

"I was worried."

"I know. You beat him up?" I asked.

"After I saw you like that I just saw red. When I saw him I just wanted blood and I beat him and then I ran away because I— I just needed to." He cries into my shoulder. "You're okay?"