Traded Out

This is AU story. Just so you know, Amy and Alan are the ones who moved to New York with their youngest son Josh while everyone else lives in Philadelphia. All the teens including Josh are seniors in high school. The story's title is from the song "Run and Hide" by Sabrina Carpenter and the chapter's titles are lyrics from the song. Please go check out the story "Rescue Me" by Melanie0800.

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes

Enjoy!

Traded Out

"Josh?"

"Shut up," Josh ordered, keeping his eyes closed. He rolled over, putting his pillow over his head.

"Josh!"

He felt the bed next to him shifted as she moved closer to him and her voice hissed his name again as she started to shake him.

"Josh, I think your mother is coming."

Josh groaned, before taking the pillow off his head and slowly opening his eyes and waited for them to focus. His head was pounding and he felt like shit, but he listened to his mother and father's voices before turning his attention on the brunette next to him. He looked at her trying to remember her name, but got nothing. "You need to get out," he told her, before standing up and starting to get dressed.

The girl sat up covering herself with his sheet. "Are you serious?"

"Well, it's up to you. My mom is moments from walking in here and I'm not sure how she is going to feel finding a naked girl in my bed who's name I don't even remember so you can stay or leave. Either way I don't care."

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews."

Josh rolled his eyes at the sound of his door opening and his mother's voice.

"Could you lower your voice?" Josh asked as he slipped his shirt on.

"No I can't! Maybe if you weren't out all night drinking you wouldn't feel this way. Now, get your behind downstairs right now. We are having a family meeting," Amy began to gripe at him. "And oh-look how nice? You have company," she added with an eye roll as she looked furthered into her son's room.

"Yeah-this is.." Josh looked back at the girl in his bed.

"Sophie," she answered with the best fake smile and wave.

That's it, Josh thought to himself. Her name was Sophie. Not that it matter the more he thought about it.

"Oh, sweetie, I don't need to know your name. Today is Thursday, so, you would be what the fourth different girl my son has had in his bed this week? This will be the first and last time I see you. My son never sticks to one girl."

Josh watched the girl frown, looking away from his mother. He wanted to correct his mother and tell her Sophie was only the third girl this week, but didn't feel it would help the situation.

"You have ten minutes get your butt downstairs!" Amy ordered, before slamming his bedroom door.

Josh winced, his hand going to his head as he cursed. He stared at his door for a moment before looking at the girl in his bed.

"I'm just going to..." Sophie began pointing at his door.

"Yeah," Josh nodded, watching her get dress and hurry out of his room. He sighed before going downstairs to where his parents were waiting for him. "What do you want?" he asked, flopping down on the couch. "And can we make it quick? I got places to be."