Chapter 11 Strange Date.

Astrid and Bella walk down the street towards the restaurant. Bella tries to pull her hand out of her sister's grasp but Astrid has an iron grip on it, “Astrid, why didn't we just go with Edward and Emmett?”

“Are you insane? They wait till the last minute to come to play knight in shining armor and you want to go with them, I don't think so. I don't need some muscle-bound meathead and his weakling brother to save my ass.”

“But-”

Astrid gives her sister a sharp look which shuts Bella up. They finally get to the restaurant and see that Jessica and Angela are already coming out of the restaurant.

“Where were you guys!? We left you messages.” Angela tells them.

“We waited, but we were starving,” Jessica adds.

Bella wasn't going to say anything, but Astrid speaks up, “We got turned around and got lost.”

“Oh, uh do you want to go inside and get something to eat?” Angela offers.

“Yeah, we'll just get it to go.”

At that moment, Edward and Emmett get out of the Volvo, “Hey girls fancy seeing you here,” Edward says in a cheery voice.

Astrid grits her teeth. She turns around and gives a fake smile, “Hey yeah, what a coincidence that we're all here at the same time. That's not at all suspicious or creepy.”

Bella elbows Astrid in the side and Emmett chuckles. Edward acts like Astrid didn't say anything and looks at Bella, "So would you like to join us for dinner?"

Bella smiles, but Astrid answers, “Actually we were just on our way home, come on Bells.”

“Well, why don't you and Bella stay and have dinner with Edward and Emmett since you didn't get a chance to eat,” Jessica tells the girls.

“Because we came with you and that would be rude and inconsiderate of us to leave with someone else,” Astrid tells her.

“Yeah but you didn't eat, you must be starving. Jessica and I don't mind,” Angela tells her sweetly.

Astrid huffs and crosses her arms, “Fine, we'll eat with you.” She sighs in defeat.

“Okay, then, we'll see you at school tomorrow.”

Bella and Astrid wave as the girls drove off. As soon as they drove off, Astrid whips around and glares at Edward. The smile on his face falls.

“I thought I told you that we didn't need your help. What do you have wax buildup in your ears or do I have to kick the shit out of you to get my point across?” She takes a menacing step towards him and Edward takes one back. Edward looks at Emmett for help but Emmett raises his hands.

“I told you it was your funeral.”

Bella grabs Astrid's arm, “Astrid, don't cause a scene.”

“Oh, I'm not going to cause a scene, I'm going to take his ass into an alley and beat the shit out of him.”

Finally, Bella's had it, “Alright, Astrid, that's enough, you're going to stop this hostility.”

Astrid turns and looks at her sister. It's very rare for Bella to stand up to her but when she does it's only because she feels strongly about something. Astrid studies her face, then sighs, “Fine, you want to have dinner with this psycho stalker be my guest. But if something happens don't say I didn't warn you.”

Astrid then turns around and goes into the restaurant. Emmett happily follows behind her he turns to Edward and Bella, “Isn't she just so awesome?”

Bella and Edward follow Emmett and Astrid inside. They're all waiting to be seated when Astrid turns to Emmett, “Please tell me you have your Jeep.”

“As a matter of fact, I do.”

“Good, then let's just order to go and leave my sister with your douchebag brother.”

Emmett chuckles, “That's fine with me.”

The hostess comes up and asks them if it's a table for four, “No, they're waiting to be seated, we want to place an order to go if it's possible.”

“Sure, no problem.”

The hostess seats Bella and Edward then she comes back and to take Astrid and Emmett's order. Emmett doesn't bother to order, reminding Astrid of his diet. “That's right, you're on that bodybuilder's diet. Thank god I'm not. I'm gonna order some chicken parmesan and some lasagna.”

“For a little thing, you sure can eat a lot.”

Astrid just shrugs. They sit down to wait for her order and watch as Bella and Edward are at a table talking, Astrid rolls her eyes. Emmett looks down at her, “You really don't like my brother, do you?”

“No, I don't I find him annoying and bipolar.”

“More annoying than me? And what do you mean bipolar?”

“Definitely more annoying than you and what I mean by bipolar is that one minute he wants nothing to do with my sister and the next he's hunting her down like some deranged stalker. And don't tell me it was a coincidence, because I know it wasn't. I can't figure out how you guys knew exactly where we were but I know you guys were following us.”

“Okay, for the record it was not my idea to follow you. I knew you were going to get pissed off if you found out and the last thing I want to do is piss you off. I don't want to lose our friendship.”

“What makes you think we're friends?”

Emmett raises an eyebrow, “We're not?”

“Okay, fine, we are but that's it.”

Emmett smirks and starts lowering his head towards her, “You know you want more than just friendship with me, Astrid.”

“No, I don't.”

He licks his lips, “Yes, you do.”

She does the same thing, “No, I really don't.”

Right when they're about to kiss someone clear their throat. They both look at the person standing in front of them with Astrid's order.

“That'll be 23.50.”

Astrid pulls out her wallet but Emmett beats her to it, “I got it.”

She's about to argue but Emmett just ignores her and pays. They leave the restaurant and walk down the street to Emmett's Jeep. He opens the door for her and Astrid climbs in. When they get outside the city limits Astrid tells Emmett to pull over so that she can eat. He stops at a little picnic area overlooking the ocean and they both get out. Astrid sets her food on the hood of Emmett's Jeep then climbs on. Opening the box she begins to eat.

“Are you sure you don't want any?”

“Nope, I'm good.”

Emmett leans against his Jeep and lets Astrid eat in peace. When she finishes they stay there for a while longer staring out at the ocean. He looks over at her as she drinks her soda and sighs. She looks at him out of the corner of her eye.

“Okay, Emmett, what's the matter?”

“You really don't like me do you?”

Astrid sighs, “Emmett, do you honestly think I would kiss you if I didn't like you? Of course, I like you I find you very attractive. I just don't know you. And I'm not going to rush into anything without getting to know you first. Don't you think that's fair?”

“Yeah, it is.”

“So, how about we start off as friends and go from there? You never know the more time we spend together you might discover that you don't like me at all other than as a friend. Can you accept that?”

“Yes, I can.”

“Good, now let's get going we have school tomorrow.”