Ego

2023; Manila, Philippines

'Oppa, send me a picture' The woman typed and sent it while hiding her phone underneath the table.

There was instantly a reply but she could only see a gray, loading picture.

'I can't see it yet! Who are you with? And are you blonde again? Lookin' smexy'

'I'm not with them. Focus on your meeting!' Young Bae texted back.

'I don't care about the others, I just miss you, that's all' She replied shortly.

She didn't get a reply for a few minutes but her phone buzzed again. 'Pfft I know you ㅋㅋㅋ but I miss you too. Really.'

The woman smiled from her seat and excitedly typed a reply. 'See u soon, oppa. Very soon.' As soon as she hit send, the picture loaded revealing two men in a selfie.

She gasped upon seeing it and typed another message

She gasped upon seeing it and typed another message. 'Sajangnim!!!!! Please take care of our Young Bae. Don't tire him out too much please. I still need his sunshine! 💛'

Someone cleared his throat so loudly that the woman almost dropped her phone to the floor in surprise.

"Excuse me, miss?" The man fought back a chuckle and kept a poker face. "We're in the middle of a meeting right here. Are you busy with something else?"

The woman stifled a scoff in front of the other committee. "I apologize for my behavior. I was talking with a close acquintance of mine."

"By close acquintance you mean a guy?"

She smiled teasingly. "Why? Are you jealous? As expected from my —"

"I am not." The man adjusted his neck tie and smoothened the imaginary wrinkles from his suit. "We are colleagues here. Let's get back to our presentation — investing in branching out our businesses in other Asian countries like here in the Philippines .."