chapter 36

3 months later

It's been three months. It's been three months since the Scoops Troop discovered there were Russians hiding in Hawkins, Indiana. Three months since Julia, Steve and Robin were taken hostage, abused and drugged by Russians. Three months since Steve Harrington and Julia Henderson first said their 'I love you's.' Three months since Robin opened up to her two best friends.

Three months since the mind flayer almost killed Eleven. Three months since Mike and Eleven broke up. Three months since Max had lost her step brother. Three months since Jim Hopper never came home. Three months since Joyce revealed that her family and Eleven were moving.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Steve asked his girlfriend over the phone. "Yeah. I just want the chance to say goodbye. I can always apply to the video store afterwards." Julia said.

"Okay, you're always welcomed back at my house whenever you're done. Make yourself at home." Julia smiled to herself.

"I will. I love you, see you in a bit."

"I love you too." Julia hung up the phone as she sighed to herself. Grabbing her car keys she sat herself down in her car and drove off to the Byers house.

She pulled up on the street their house was located on. She walked up to the front yard, her heart breaking at the sight of the Uhaul truck in the driveway.

She walked into the open door to see Max and Lucas packing boxes in the living room. Julia leaned against the door frame and looked around the house. The house where her, Steve, Nancy and Jonathan fought the Demogorgon. The house where Will always had his birthday parties with his friends. The house where they defeated the shadow monster in. The house where they fought the demogorgon. The house where Johnathan and Will built Castle Byers. The house with a thousand memories.

"Julia!" Joyce smiled as she welcomed the girl. "Hey, I came to help and say goodbye." Julia smiled at the loving mother.

"Actually if you could take this onto the truck that'd be such a big help." Julia took the box from Joyce's arms and walked back outside. As she walked into the truck, she took in all the boxes that were stacked together. They were really moving.

As everyone helped bring out the final boxes, she knew it was time they were leaving.

Julia walked up to Jonathan who was leaning against the car. "I'm gonna miss you Byers. Who else is gonna teach me about photography?" Julia asked as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "Well next time we see each other and you save up for a camera I will." He smiled back at her, embracing her in a tight hug. After a few seconds, they pulled away and she moved on to Joyce.

"Julia," Joyce started, her hand holding her left cheek, "you have been like a daughter to me for the last 3 years. You put so much effort into making sure my family was doing okay. You put your life on the line for my boys multiple times, and I could never thank you enough for that. You are too kind for this world." Joyce said as Julia sniffled. "Damn it Joyce. Thank you for being like another mother to me. For giving me food when we were running low, for letting me stay the night when it was thundering and my car broke down. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You are one of the strongest women I know and I am so lucky to have known you." Julia finished as Joyce embraced the girl in a tight hug.

Julia got to Will who didn't say anything, just hugged her and cried into her chest. "Thank you for saving my life, multiple times." He sobbed. "I would do everything all over again, just to know you're okay and safe." "You still have the bracelet?" He asked pulling back to look at her. Julia released the boy and lifted her pant leg up to reveal the gift he made her, around her ankle. "Always have."

She got to El, who didn't even want to look up at the girl. "El?" Julia asked. "My sister." Was all she said as she broke down in her arms. Julia held her tightly as Eleven cried. "El I am so proud of you. You have gone so far in the past three years and its been one hell of a journey to watch you grow and develop into the angel that you are today. I am always a phone call away. You have my house number. Even if you just wanna listen to music together call me and I'll blast my radio for you to hear. I'm always gonna be with you. And I want you to have this."

Julia reached into her pocket and pulled out a navy blue hand sized journal with 'El' engraved on the front. "Write whatever you want in it. Practice your writing, send letters, sketch, doodle, whatever your heart desires." Julia said as El shakily took the journal from her hand. "I love you Jules." El said, hugging the girl again, kissing her on the cheek. "I love you too El."

El released the girl and looked up to her. Julia wiped the tears from El's face as Joyce mentioned it was time to go before it got too late. Julia kissed Will and El on the forehead one last time as El sat in the uhaul truck and Will went into the car with his brother.

Julia stood between the kids, Dustin to her left and Mike to her right. Julia sighed to herself as both vehicle's drove out of the drive way, and out of view. "Until next time." Julia mumbled to herself as she swiped a tear off her cheek.