Chapter 4

When I graduated from high school, I thought I was done with school since I never planned on going to college. My alarm going off this morning was like it was laughing at me for ever thinking that. I had groaned and turned it off before pushing myself up. I got out of bed with a slight groan. There was rapid banging on my door and I shuffled my way to the door to answer it.

On the other side were Reggie and Kylen. "Seriously, " I asked them. "Come on woman, " Kylen said while barging his way into my room. "What are you doing, " I asked when he went over to my closet. "You read the handbook right, " Kylen asked me. "Yeah, " I said. "Well, we male warriors always look good. Meaning you have too as well, " he told us. "With you being a woman, that bar is being held much higher."

I groaned and plopped down on my bed. "You have this whole room to yourself, why haven't you moved shit around, " Reggie asked while Kylen went through my clothes. "Lazy, " was my simple answer. Kylen then threw a pair of jeans at me, a lace tank top, and a lace white shirt to go over it. He then tossed my knee high heeled boots on to the bed. "I'm letting Daisy and Josie know you need an entire wardrobe upgrade, " Kylen said with a shake of his head. They left the room so I could get dressed. I grumbled things about how early it was while grabbing clean underwear and socks out of my dresser. I threw on my clothes then went into the bathroom where I had what little makeup I had was being kept. I did a simple eyeliner and gloss before putting my hair in a fishtail side braid. I put on a pair of stud earrings before leaving the bathroom and grabbing my schedule and phone. I left my room and they smiled, happy I put effort into my looks.

I had failed to notice the nice jeans and purple polo Kylen was wearing and the black pants and white button-up Reggie was wearing. He also had his sleeves rolled up and was wearing combat boots with it. "Not let's go get some breakfast, " Reggie declared. "I'm in the mood for French toast with a side of pancakes." "For the last time, pancakes are not a side dish, " Kylen told him. "They are when you eat the way I do, " Reggie told him. I was too tired to add to this conversation. Where is a coffee IV when you need one?

We got to the table with our food and I was adding creamer to my coffee when Daisy sat down looking very cheerful. "Gold morning everyone, " She chirped. Morning people are the worse. "Morning Daisy, " Kylen greeted. I mumbled a hi while stirring my coffee. "I see we have a coffee grizzly, " Daisy said as she looked at me with a giggle. It has got to be some birth defect to be so chipper in the morning.

Jocelyn came over and sat down, not looking so happy, "I'm in absolute hell. My new roommate, Tina, she is an absolute bitch. Like who the hell wakes up so early while the other three are still sleeping and sings at the top of their lungs while they shower?" She then looked at me, "You are lucky you don't have roommates." "Instead you have these two idiots banging on your door shortly after your alarm goes off then raids your closet, " I said while pointing my thumbs at Reggie and Kylen who were on either side of me.

"Yeah well, it was the first time, in like ever, where the Queen Bitch and I were on the same page about wanting to shove a sock down the girl's throat, " she told me with a sigh. "When you go to the mall, buy earplugs, " Reginald suggested to her. "Also make sure this girl updates her wardrobe. This was like the only good thing in her closet, " Kylen threw in while gesturing to me. "You're not very feminine are you, " Daisy asked me and I couldn't help my eye twitch. "Now that was rude, " Jocelyn said while Reggie and Kylen looked shocked at her. I sighed and waved a hand, "It's whatever."

After breakfast, Kylen lead me to my first class and I hated that I was going to be without any of my friends. I sat in one of the few seats available near the front of the room. A guy with a small hoop piercing in his ear came and sat next to me. His dark black hair was in a faux with blonde tips. "I'm Felix, " He introduced. He had the triple swirl symbol for The God of Prophecy. "Cleo, " I said with a nod.