Chapter 4 - Exposed

I cursed internally at myself for being the scatterbrained recluse that I was. I typically remembered to bring a towel with myself when I showered, although since I lived by myself, there were times that I spaced out on it after doing laundry and had to retrieve it from my bedroom hamper. My dumbass just had  to forget my towel at this crucial and uncomfortable time.

What was I going to do? There was no way in hell that I was going to dry myself off with my dirty clothes. They smelled like a dumpster fire. The only saving grace that I had was the fact that Jungkook was asleep in my room. Or, at least I hoped that he was still asleep...

I steeled my nerves and rung the water out of my hair the best that I could as I exited the shower, also aware of the fact that I had neglected to bring clean clothes with me as well. Droplets of water rolled from my skin and kissed the floor in tiny puddles as I braced myself; determined to sneak into my room undetected to retrieve my modesty.

Opening the bathroom door as quietly as I could, I headed to my bedroom door and opened it carefully and silently, praying internally that the bunny boy was still sound asleep.

I peeked in slightly to see a lump of blankets cuddled on my bed, and sighed in relief as I got on all fours, crawling to my laundry basket so that I would not be detected by his sensitive hearing capabilities.

The laundry basket was horrifyingly located near the side of the bed that Jungkook was facing, and I looked up in caution to see his sleeping face poking out of his burrow of blankets. He was facing directly where the basket was positioned.

Fuck.

I steeled my resolve even further and cautiously continued crawling on all fours, inching nearer and nearer to my objective. I was finally an inch away to being home-free, and outstretched my hand to grab the large, fluffy black towel as water from my skin dripped on my carpet.

Just as I was about to snatch away my towel, three loud, booming knocks on my door echoed through my house.

I was done for.

Jungkook's eyes immediately shot open with surprise, only to become face to face with the view of me, stark-ass naked on all fours; cold, shivering, wide eyed and dripping wet as my outstretched hand recoiled from the towel in a sad attempt to cover myself.

He just stared at me. It was a stare that seemed to hold absolutely no emotion whatsoever. Which strangely, slightly pissed me off.

He could have the decency to at least look away to preserve my dignity in some way. And yet...

He just stared...

I couldn't take it.

It probably wasn't his intention, yet even with his blank, emotionless gaze, I could almost swear that I caught a glimpse of some other indescribable emotion glint through the darkness of his eyes.

And that made my feelings more cumbersome than they already were.

As quick as lightening, I dove for the laundry basket and snatched up the towel, holding it against myself in unrivaled panic, then launched myself across the room to make a break for the door.

But to my horror and dismay, thumper dearest snatched me up by the arm with his dumb ass hybrid reflexes. He succeeded in pinning me against the wall in an instant as I struggled to keep the towel that I so desperately clutched to my body from abandoning me and falling to the ground.

"For a second there, I thought that you were going to pull some typical, sicko-human bullshit." He said in a low, yet strangely nonchalant voice

"What? No! That's completely fucked! Why would I-" I started to aggressively defended myself, but he quickly cut my words off.

"But then... I could snell it." He mused with a smirk.

I gulped almost audibly.

"S-smell... What.... Exactly?" I fumbled.

He looked down at me amusedly, rolling his thumb against my captured wrist.

"Your fear. Your embarrassment. Your pride shattering as someone who was not you looked upon that which you have not allowed any other than yourself to see... It was palpable, your emotions. I could almost taste them, the scent was so strong. You smell... Like a bottom of the food chain prey animal, (y/n)."

I could just tell that my face was burning red with horror and embarrassment. The feeling of his scrutiny was nearly torturous to one so antisocial as myself. I was not used to talking in depth with people, much less them reading me up and down like a damn flashing billboard.

I had a complete internal meltdown in that moment, shutting down completely internally, and allowing the world to fall into silence; apart from the sound of my ragged breathing.

"I'm hungry." Jungkook chimed suddenly out of nowhere, allowing me to respond, since it was such a normal and human topic of interest.

"What... Would you like to eat?" I asked, almost robotically as I stared into space at the wall behind him, still clutching my towel to myself with my shaking hand.

He abruptly brought his nose to the crook of my neck, inhaling the scent of my freshly washed skin deeply, causing a shiver of an unknown origin to ripple through me, before lightly rubbing his chin in the exact area that he previously sniffed with such vigor.

"I think... Roses." He responded, looking into my eyes with quite the serious look on his face, his eyebrows scrunching a bit with sternness.

He blinked blankly twice before releasing me to answer the door that was still being knocked on by who-knows-who. I sure didn't, as my mind was in meltdown mode.

I slid dumbfounded to the floor, bringing my towel to my head to attempt to dry my hair. My mind was screaming at me from a thousand different directions at the same time.

What the hell did I get myself in to?