Chapter 2: Meeting the Goblins

"So what do we do?" the small slime asked as he stared at Veldora. "About the [Unlimited Imprisonment] seal that hero put on you. I feel bad knowing my friend's been sealed here for 300 years."

Veldora's eyes widened, seemingly touched by the slime's words.

"You.." he started, giving the slime his attempt at puppy-dog eyes.

"Don't give me those puppy dog eyes!" The slime scolded. "It'd be one thing coming from a cute girl, but a dragon?"

The slime slowly turned his head to the ogre sitting at the side. Opening his mouth, the ogre girl immediately gave him a glare.

"Don't even think about asking me. I won't do it," she deadpanned. The slime flinched and turned back to the dragon who was staring intently at the blue blob.

"If you have a way to get me out, I'd appreciate it. Th-thing is," he stuttered, "I wouldn't have lasted another 100 years before my magic ran out. I keep losing more and more magicules."

"So that's why this cave is so rich in magicules and there are so many valuable herbs and ore." The slime noted as he observed is surroundings again. "What happens when your magic runs out?"

"It's not a huge deal," Veldora stated with ease.

"It's not?"

"It is a big deal. If is magic runs out Veldora, one of the {True Dragons} that's presence protects the forest above will disappear." the female ogre stated, her monotone voice not changing, but obvious worry lay in her eyes as she stared down Veldora.

"His presence will disappear?" the slime asked, still confused.

"I'll just die, that's all," Veldora clarified.

"I... I see..." The slime seemed to slump down in dispair for the imprisoned dragon. "After all these years of isolation, you just die, huh?" The slime turned towards the female ogre, as if just remembering her presence again. It seemed her lack of presence was very effective.

"Of course, he's had you the past decade or so," the slime beamed at the ogre. She looked at him and nodded in agreement, only for Veldora to pout and respond.

"She's so quiet and unsociable that we sat mostly in silence the entire time," Veldora started, only to have the female ogre look at him and raise an eyebrow at the dragon. "O-Of course it's still better than being here alone!"

"Hm..." The slime thought. "Might as well try this." Then the small slime approached the [Unlimited Imprisonment].

"{Great Sage}, use [Predator] to consume the [Unlimited Imprisonment]." He then reached out to touch the barrier. The barrier lit up where he touched it for a bit before the light faded.

"I guess it won't be that easy," the small slime stated, as if he expected this to happen.

"See? It's impossible. She observed the [Unlimited Imprisonment] with her [Unrivaled Strategy] before and even attempted to use brute force to break it. It didn't work and she ended up being repelled." At this point, the small slime was beginning to take more notice of the ogre's lack of name.

"Hm... Isn't there anything we can do?" Then the slime went silent.

"Hey! Don't just keep talking to your own skill!" Veldora cried out, desperate to know what the small slime was thinking of. The slime ignored him

"Uhuh... I see. I see..." Veldora stood watching the slime while rubbing his hands together. The female ogre on the other hand stood seemingly disinterested against the wall, but she too was hoping there was a way to free the dragon from the [Unlimited Imprisonment].