Chapter 2

As they entered the dining-room again Jisoo saw the back of two people. A tall dark haired man and a petite raven woman. When Jiyong called out their names they turned around and as Jisoo looked at the raven woman, Jiyong's daughter, she felt her breath caught in her throat. There was just something about that raven woman, she was beyond beautiful but there was something more, something Jisoo couldn't pinpoint but just looking at her gave her a warm feeling inside. She almost missed when Jiyong called her name to get her attention.

"Dara, Jisoo, this is my daughter Jennie and her fiancé Kai." Jiyong said and then turned to his daughter.

"This is my Dara and her daughter Jisoo." he continued.

Dara instantly wrapped Jennie up in a hug.

"So good to finally meet you Jennie, I've heard so much about you." She smiled as she pulled back and looked at Jiyong's daughter.

She was strikingly beautiful with piercing dark eyes, just like her father.

"I'm glad to finally meet you too Dara. This is Kai, my fiance." Jennie said and turned to her fiance who immediately stretched out his hand to say hello. Dara however ignored his hand and pulled him into a hug as well.

"Nice to meet you Kai." she said as she withdrew from the hug.

"You too Dara." Kai said and smiled.

Jisoo stood a bit behind her mother and watched them say hello to each other, her eyes strayed towards the raven every other second, she just couldn't help herself. Suddenly she felt her mother's hand on her shoulder and heard her voice.

"Jennie, Kai, this is my daughter Jisoo." Dara said proudly.

Jisoo smiled and took a step forward, Kai held his hand out which she took and shock politely. Then her eyes turned to the left and instantly locked with a pair of the darkest eyes she'd ever seen. Her mouth suddenly felt dry and it felt like the temperature in the room had rapidly increased. There was a moments awkwardness as it appeared both women were a bit uncertain how to greet each other. A simple handshake or a hug? They were going to be stepsisters so why wouldn't they hug? Jennie acted first and tentatively moved closer and gave her 'stepsister' a quick hug before looking back at her.

She was incredibly beautiful and as her eyes found the other woman's dark ones she suddenly felt a strange feeling in her body. She had no idea what it was or where it came from but she shook it off.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Kwon's daughter." Jisoo said.

"Please, call me Jennie, everybody does. And it's nice to meet you too Jisoo." Jennie said and smiled.

Jisoo smiled back but as Kai wrapped his arm around Jennie's waist her smile faltered.

"Kai, how about you and I go to the living room, I have a bottle of 12 year old Macallan that really needs to be opened." Jiyong said and put a hand on Kai's shoulder.

"Sounds good Jiyong." Kai said and followed his father-in-law into the next room.

"So, what do you girls say about some more wine in the garden before the rest of the guests arrive?" Dara asked.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea Dara." Jennie said and smiled.

Dara put an arm around each girls shoulder and led them back to the back yard. Jisoo tried to focus straight ahead but failed every time, she just couldn't help herself from turning her head slightly to get a glimpse of Jennie. When they reached the place under the oak tree where Jisoo and her mother sat a while ago, Dara removed her arms from the girls shoulders and motioned for them to take a seat.

"I'm just gonna go and get you a glass Jennie, I'll be right back" Dara said with a smile before she turned and walked back into the house.

Both women followed her with their gaze and when she disappeared into the house they glanced at each other.

"So..." Jisoo started.

"So..." Jennie repeated.

"Do you also live here in Daegu?" Jisoo asked, trying to keep a conversation going.

"No, we live in Busan, about an hour away. You?"

"I live in Seoul" Jisoo answered.

"Oh so you're a big city girl then?" Jennie said with a smile.

Jisoo laughed.

"Yeah I guess you could say that but I love getting away from the big city chaos every now and then. Mom has a cottage in Jeju so I spend a lot of my free time there." Jisoo explained.

Jennie nodded.

"It's really nice there, though I haven't been there in years now but I remember it was really beautiful."

"It is, you should come visit there sometime." Jisoo started.

"I mean you and Kai." she finished.

"Yeah? That would be wonderful." Jennie said sincerely and was struck by how quickly she'd come to like this woman.

"When are you and Kai getting married?" Jisoo asked and felt a pang in her heart the moment the words left her mouth. She had no idea why but she really didn't want to know when this gorgeous woman was getting married.

"We haven't set a specific date yet but in a couple of months. It will not be before dad and your mom's wedding." she answered.

"Are you married?" Jennie asked.

Why am I asking this? Of all the things in the world we could small talk about I just had to ask if she's married.

"No, I'm not married. I'm not even dating anyone at the moment and with the laws in this country marriage really isn't on the map for me." Jisoo said, suddenly feeling like she'd said too much by the look on Jennie's face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt and just dump that information on you. I'm sorry..." Jisoo said a little meekly.

Jennie was still processing what Jisoo just said and what she meant by it when it clicked.

"You're gay..." It was more a statement than a question.

"Yes, sorry I didn't mean to come out to you like this, not that I'm not out. I'm very out and I'm not ashamed of who I am it's just I don't usually come out to people I've just met like within the first half hour and-" Jennie put a hand on Jisoo's arm to stop the rambling woman.

"Jisoo! Jisoo? Calm down, take a breath." Jisoo met Jennie's eyes and immediately she was silenced and completely mesmerized.

"I was rambling wasn't I?" Jisoo asked a little embarrassed and was very aware of the hand still holding her arm.

"Maybe just a little." Jennie said and winked.

"But really Jisoo it's totally fine, I have absolutely no problem with you being gay and I appreciate your honesty. Even if it wasn't your intention to come out to me right away, I'm glad you did. We're going to be 'sisters' soon anyway." Jennie continued and instantly that funny feeling she'd managed to push away, returned.

Something about referring to herself and Jisoo as sisters, even though they weren't biologically related felt, well wrong. That was the only word she could think of to describe it but she had no idea why.

Jisoo looked down at her lap and tried to ignore the little voice in the back of her head that was telling her the reason she didn't want to be Jennie's stepsister. She was very grateful when Dara chose that exact moment to return with a wineglass for Jennie and some more wine.

The three women sat outside and enjoyed the summer breeze and each others company until it was time to go back inside as the rest of the guests were starting to arrive.