三十四

Chapter 三十三 mark the end of the second arc, the Sakurajima Household Arc.

The next, or third arc, The Eternal Night Shangri-La: City of Yoshiwara, will start from chapter 三十四.

34 - the eternal night shangri-la, city of yoshiwara arc: murmurs and rumours

Hey, do you know? Under the beautiful cherry blossom trees, there are corpses buried under it.

Her eyes fluttered open slowly, showing her pink, cherry blossom colored irises.

She blinked one time, two times, three times.

A void.

She moved her gaze to left then right, her mind still haven't understand what is going on right now.

Complete darkness.

She moved her gaze down as she brought her hands up.

Ah, I can see myself.

She thought to herself as she looked down to her body, clad on her usual dark uniform and pink kimono. She reached her hands to feel her sheathed weapons, and tried to walked on nothingness. She walked and walked, to nothing in particular.

As times passed for God knows how long, something started to build inside her.

Anxiety.

How long has she been here?

Is she asleep?

Is this a dream?

Is this reality?

Does she already die?

Is this afterlife?

Where is this?

She opened her mouth, as words formed on the lump of her throat.

Giyū?

Her mouth called out to him, but it never leave her throat.

Colors started to disappear from her skin as she tried to call out again.

Shin-chan? Mitsu-chan? Tanjirō-kun? Nezuko-chan? Zenitsu-kun? Inosuke-kun? Kanao-chan?

Her steps gradually became faster and faster, until she was running, frantically trying to leave the darkness.

"...Oh, the demon slayer there."

At that moment, she stopped abruptly as she turned her head to the back.

Ah, how beautiful.

A woman, clad in white stood not too far from the demon slayer, stared at her with unspoken grief and undescribable gaze.